Hot end fan extreme...

Notifications
Clear all

Hot end fan extremely noisy when cold

G0ldmember
(@g0ldmember)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

After having bought the CR6 SE and prined a few things, I noted that when the printer is "cold" and switched on, the hotend fan is making a terrible loud noise for the first ~10 seconds. After that it goes to "normal" noise. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix for that? Is the bearing already broken?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

It happens to my Cr10 pro, the same problem. I haven't done troubleshooting yet but I guess it is either the fan been jammed by dust or strings, or the input voltage is too high when the printer starts. 

ReplyQuote
G0ldmember
(@g0ldmember)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @eli-liu

It happens to my Cr10 pro, the same problem. I haven't done troubleshooting yet but I guess it is either the fan been jammed by dust or strings, or the input voltage is too high when the printer starts. 

Hm in the very beginning, I haven't had this problem. Only after 1-2 weeks. I don't think the fan is already "dirty" after that short time. Could that be a quality issue with the fan?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@g0ldmember you can ask for a replacement of a new fan in this case. But as I said earlier, unstable input power to the fan is one possibility. If you wanna dig into it, use a multimeter to monitor the change of the voltage for the fan. Replacing a new fan also helps you find the cause.

ReplyQuote
G0ldmember
(@g0ldmember)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @eli-liu

@g0ldmember you can ask for a replacement of a new fan in this case. But as I said earlier, unstable input power to the fan is one possibility. If you wanna dig into it, use a multimeter to monitor the change of the voltage for the fan. Replacing a new fan also helps you find the cause.

Ok, will I get the replacement fan from Creality or from the distributor where I purchased the unit? Normally they don't have spare parts afaik. What if there is really a voltage issue? Does the power supply unit have to be replaced then?

Greetings

ReplyQuote