Notifications
Clear all

Firmware

BHS Rob
(@bhs-rob)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

So I just got my CR – 6 SE today. My first print the little dog was perfect. My question is this is running 1.03.6 firmware and the latest is 2.0.1.2. Do I need to update my firmware? Is there that much difference between what I have and the new firmware that's available? I have seen many people have issues with the upgrade. I really do not want to make a brick out of my machine.

And just a note since my machine appears to be a production model and not from kickstarter I only received half a spool of filament. Not a big deal as I already have more in order, just thought I'd let people know

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

For MOST users, there is no need to update the firmware unless you want to get new functions(maybe with bugs).

My suggestion is to use the current version for a while and keep eye on what others talk about the new firmware and when the new ones are stable you can go and try those. 

ReplyQuote
BHS Rob
(@bhs-rob)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you so much for your quick response. Right now this printer is working perfectly and I am very glad I purchased this model. So I will do just that wait until I have to do an update.

ReplyQuote
mrpresident
(@mrpresident)
Active Member Registered

Hello,

actually I´m using a CR6-SE with Release 1.0.3.6 and board 4.5.2.

Until I tried to minimize stringing all prints were really perfect. During a lot of prints all objects does not adheres anymore. Then I added new gcode "G1 X10 Y230" sliding bed to front presenting the print. While that does not work I used Pronterface adding the new gcode and send it with "M500". That was the time no object were print correctly anymore including missing adhere.

At that point tought updating to 2.0.1.3 incl. screen update could solve having issues. Afterwards all text were missing, only the symbols were shown and a language could not be selected. Updating needs two SD cards different memory. For the firmware himself I used the black 8GB card what came with the printer, for the screen update I used a new bought 16GB with a adapter. Nothing positive happens, same problems still exists. Then I divide the 16GB card into 2 x 8 partitions (all cards were formatted before using with FAT32/4k) and tried it again, same result.

Finally I started to rollback to 1.0.3.6, with success. All functions are working and I started to print a existing former perfect printed object. The print startet at different point, still does not adheres and were different from original designed with Tinkercad and sliced in Cura. Also the noozle sticks quickly.

I think the last chance I have is resetting the eeprom completely (might be that M500 has written something a update could not delete?) and try again updating first to 1.0.3.6 and if this works further to 2.0.3.6.

Don´t hesitate to contact me with suggestions, questions and more. I would be really happy and thankfull. Then now the printer is broken!!

Thanks in advance 🙂

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Screw

@mrpresident Hi, do you mind writing another post under the Marlin Firmware Service section(the section is on the main page. If you keep scrolling down, you may see it). There are some professions who may be able to help as well. 

ReplyQuote
mrpresident
(@mrpresident)
Active Member Registered

I´m not aware doing something wrong.

So, please send me your support suggestion.

This post was modified 4 months ago by mrpresident

ReplyQuote