Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Error 202 - 203

Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, for a few days before starting a print this error appears to me, can someone help me to solve it ?? if I do the calibration the printer works fine !! thanks to all, this is my first 3d printer and I don't know what do to eliminate that error .....

ReplyQuote
Michellobo15
(@michellobo15)
New Member Registered

@francesco-v hola, cambia de slicer, prueba con slicer creality y configura el modelo de la impresora, suerte. 

ReplyQuote
Bizzmo
(@bizzmo)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @francesco-v

Hello everyone, for a few days before starting a print this error appears to me, can someone help me to solve it ?? if I do the calibration the printer works fine !! thanks to all, this is my first 3d printer and I don't know what do to eliminate that error .....

Since the FW upgrade to 2.01.3 i got the "202 homing error" every time i try to ABL or autohome. The printer cannot be used anymore and there is no solution to the problem from what i know. Downgrading firmware have not helped.

Video link

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@francesco-v could tell me your printer mainboard version and did you update firmware before this problem happens. 

You said calibration the printer works fine and this error only appears when you print. You can open the gcode and check if there is G29. If so you need to delete it and print the code.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@bizzmo I will give you feedback ASAP. Thanks for the video!

ReplyQuote
Bizzmo
(@bizzmo)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @eli-liu

I managed to solve it temporary by moving to Marlin community CR6 firmware. It solved the z homing issue, which non of the creality Firmware could do unfortunately. I tried everything from 1.0.2 to the latest.

Root cause. I think this came from me flash the latest firmware 2.0.1.3 for 4.5.3 motherboard while having 4.5.2. going back to correct firmware didn't help.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Postato da: @ eli-liu

@ francesco-v potrebbe dirmi la versione della scheda madre della stampante e hai aggiornato il firmware prima che si verifichi questo problema. 

Hai detto che la calibrazione della stampante funziona correttamente e questo errore viene visualizzato solo quando si stampa. Puoi aprire il gcode e verificare se è presente G29. In tal caso è necessario eliminarlo e stampare il codice.

my CR6-SE has motherboard v. 4.5.2! ..... what are the differences with 4.5.3 ???

scusa, sono nuovo nel mondo 3D! mi spieghi come aprire il gcode? Grazie

This post was modified 1 year ago by Francesco V.

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bizzmo
Posted by: @eli-liu

I managed to solve it temporary by moving to Marlin community CR6 firmware. It solved the z homing issue, which non of the creality Firmware could do unfortunately. I tried everything from 1.0.2 to the latest.

Root cause. I think this came from me flash the latest firmware 2.0.1.3 for 4.5.3 motherboard while having 4.5.2. going back to correct firmware didn't help.

Regards

hi, can you tell me how to do it? thank you

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member Registered

@francesco-v

Go to this site https://github.com/CR6Community/Marlin/releases/tag/v2.0.7.3-cr6-community-release-5-beta?fbclid=IwAR3gDDFOC8ywo4sSQBcPSNj3paMAlKRz-HXJxnt7th3aGAmu4yxrAa1F4Co)

Read ALL the page (5 mins max), then follow the 'FLASHING' instructions.

Make sure you choose the right file to download and install, for you this is the one you need: These files are at the very bottom of the page, but i hope you have not skipped to these files first before reading the entire page above them??? (LOL):

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wasp056

@francesco-v

Go to this site https://github.com/CR6Community/Marlin/releases/tag/v2.0.7.3-cr6-community-release-5-beta?fbclid=IwAR3gDDFOC8ywo4sSQBcPSNj3paMAlKRz-HXJxnt7th3aGAmu4yxrAa1F4Co)

Read ALL the page (5 mins max), then follow the 'FLASHING' instructions.

Make sure you choose the right file to download and install, for you this is the one you need: These files are at the very bottom of the page, but i hope you have not skipped to these files first before reading the entire page above them??? (LOL):

Thanks, I have installed everything and will have that now everything is finally working fine. now the piano calibration seems much slower and more accurate. a question, the fan speed is always at 0% why? do I have to set it manually from the touchscreen ??

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)

Francesco, What fan are you on about? The Hot end fan (One at the front on the Hot End) or the one at the side, (Also on the hot end)? The Hot end cooling fan should always be running when the hot end is on, the Parts cooling fan on the side which blows air onto your print as it is printing is often not on when the first layer or first few layers are being put down on the bed. This parts fan can be  controlled by the G-Code (Splicer) allowing a good first layer adhesion to the bed. This is also the fan you can see on the LCD panel. 

Check if the fan is showing as running when you first start a print, then again after the first few layers.

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Francesco, What fan are you on about? The Hot end fan (One at the front on the Hot End) or the one at the side, (Also on the hot end)? The Hot end cooling fan should always be running when the hot end is on, the Parts cooling fan on the side which blows air onto your print as it is printing is often not on when the first layer or first few layers are being put down on the bed. This parts fan can be  controlled by the G-Code (Splicer) allowing a good first layer adhesion to the bed. This is also the fan you can see on the LCD panel. 

Check if the fan is showing as running when you first start a print, then again after the first few layers.

Hi, I understand, thanks for the explanation, now everything seems to work perfectly!
this community Beta5 firmware is beautiful. As soon as a new version is released I will definitely install it.
i currently have the Creality 4.5.2 motherboard, is it worth upgrading with the BTT one? does the print quality improve?

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)

@francesco-v

I have decided not to change the MoBo on the CR6 yet as BTT version is brand new out and i will let it 'Develop' more before i buy if at all.

On my Ender Pro i change the defualt board to the BTT 1.3 Mini, but that was purely to get a 32bit MoBo, with then Latest Stepper motor drivers, all these, and the inclusion of the 3.5" BTT Colour LCD Screen where a great improvment in flashing, Quietness and printing ON THE ENDER PRO.

However, the CR6 has a 32bit MoBo, it Has 2209 Drivers, and after reading a few reports of people who have changed they are reporting back as no concernable difference in performance. Now that we also have the Marlin form of FW with the Community Firmware update, i am struggling to see why changing the board would be benificial in either performance or cost!

Besides i am looking at my next printer to replace the CR6 so i may just stop upgrading the CR6 now and wait a bit.

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@francesco-v

I have decided not to change the MoBo on the CR6 yet as BTT version is brand new out and i will let it 'Develop' more before i buy if at all.

On my Ender Pro i change the defualt board to the BTT 1.3 Mini, but that was purely to get a 32bit MoBo, with then Latest Stepper motor drivers, all these, and the inclusion of the 3.5" BTT Colour LCD Screen where a great improvment in flashing, Quietness and printing ON THE ENDER PRO.

However, the CR6 has a 32bit MoBo, it Has 2209 Drivers, and after reading a few reports of people who have changed they are reporting back as no concernable difference in performance. Now that we also have the Marlin form of FW with the Community Firmware update, i am struggling to see why changing the board would be benificial in either performance or cost!

Besides i am looking at my next printer to replace the CR6 so i may just stop upgrading the CR6 now and wait a bit.

why do you want to change it already? Is the CR6 not a good printer?

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)

@francesco-v

Compared to my Ender 3 pro, it is too Niche. With the 3 pro, many many other printers where built to copy it (Or maybe the other way round Lol), so picking up Upgrades like Extruder, Direct Drive, Metal Hot End etc was dead easy, picking up replacement parts was also easy.

However the CR6 is built different, bespoke Extruder, Bespoke hot end, even the nozzle! so try to get an upgrade to fit is a headache sometimes.

It is not a Tinkerers Printer!! If you are happy to just get a printer that works OK never upgrade anything, then maybe the CR6 is for you. Now that is OK if Creality had done it right from the start!! The Default FW was horrible, the next FW update threw everyone's screen into Chinese, the fix was late coming out, even the FW now from Creality is atrocious, and i am urging people to look at the community FW that is being developed by knowledgeable Dedicated people and it is really 50 times better than Creality's offering

In a nutshell the CR6 is an OK printer, it can be tuned to give very good prints, not excellent like the Ender, but for Noob's who just want to load filament and print it maybe great.

I am seriously looking at the Biqu B1, but my ethos in life is NEVER go with anything NEW that has just been released, Printers, Cars, Microsoft Updates, TV's etc etc........As very very often the first ones out are buggy, or have issues. Wait a few months for the issues to be Ironed out, then by.

I made the mistake with the CR6.......NEVER Again!

ReplyQuote