Clear all

Creality Wifi Box Terminating print mid-job

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
burnthills
(@burnthills)
Topic starter  

I was able to connect and print 2 of 5 jobs – 3 times it stopped mid-job with a message saying “Failed” or “Terminated” with no other info on troubleshooting. What can this be? Anyone experience this? 10 hours into a 12-hour print, it stops with no info. Bad SD card? Bad Wifi signal? Bad USB port? No way to restart in the same place it stopped and also, taking the bad print off the bed and restarting the job works fine as in there are no obvious printer issues or filament problems. 

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @burnthills

I was able to connect and print 2 of 5 jobs – 3 times it stopped mid-job with a message saying “Failed” or “Terminated” with no other info on troubleshooting. What can this be? Anyone experience this? 10 hours into a 12-hour print, it stops with no info. Bad SD card? Bad Wifi signal? Bad USB port? No way to restart in the same place it stopped and also, taking the bad print off the bed and restarting the job works fine as in there are no obvious printer issues or filament problems. 

Check your RED power switch on the side of the printer. Creality have used on some of the earlier builds really really poor quality switches, meaning that there is no DEFINATE STRONG CLICK when switching off or ON. The weak switch will be very loose and hardly if any CLICK when you change its position.

This will cause the printer to stop mid print as it just looses power!! Replacement switches (Proper ones) are available on Amazon or any good quality electrical supplier. 

ReplyQuote
burnthills
(@burnthills)
Topic starter  

@wasp056 Thank you so much for the reply: my switch DID go bad already and I replaced it with a temporary one weeks ago. My switch is always on and I use a wifi power strip to remotely turn the printer on and off every time. However, it didnt “stop the print and lose power” the printer is on, the nozzle and bed are still at the printing temp – just says “print terminated” on the app. No feedback on the user interface screen on the machine itself.

ReplyQuote