Creality 6 SE & Cre...

Notifications
Clear all

Creality 6 SE & Creality Box

FLBurns
(@flburns)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Plugged a Creatlity box into my 6 SE.   Printer powered on even with power switch off and would not shut down until box was unplugged.    Tried contacting Creality support, got an email asking what was wrong with my printer....I'd already told them what it was doing because of the Box, and if I knew in greater detail, I'd fix it myself.  They even wanted me to plug it in and make a video/pictures!  (like h*ll I am going to do that, printer still works fine and I am not going to risk frying it).   

Any ideas or a contact address at Creality that is better than the support form?

(Please, don't suggest OctoPrint, I want a solution to what I have, not a different solution or any solution involving a PI)

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@flburns I have tried the wifi box last week too and have the same issue you met. When I connected the wifi box with my ender3 v2, the screen started, even I never touch the switch on. I think that because the USB offers power to the printer. But I can not increase the temp, guess the power is not powerful enough for printer works, only light the screen. It is a bug. I Hope Creality could fix it at the next generation wifi box.

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

It's not a bug.  That's how USB works, it transmit data as well as power.  You can easily cut a piece of tape to block the power pin if you don't want to transmit power.

If you want something fancy, I find this isolator on thingiverse works

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3044586

This is not my work.  There are 2 files in this design.  Data only or power only.  In your case, you going to use the data only design.

Hope it helps.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@nice When I use USB for phone charging, I do not think it is a bug. But here, it can offer power but that power is not stronge enough to drive printer. ? ? Thanks for your sharing, Mr Au. It is a instersting design.

ReplyQuote