CR6SE Extruder Hot ...

Notifications
Clear all

CR6SE Extruder Hot End Thermal Runaway

Frelt
(@frelt)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

What causes the issue in the attached photos? I feel like I understand it to be Thermal Runaway, but my printer does not throw the error and stop the print. So I thought the Thermistor wasn’t reading a correct temperature. After the first time it happened, I noticed it after a 4 day print, and I bought a replacement extruder myself. Then it happened again, and I sent an email out to Creality. They offered me a replacement, that I just got recently. After I installed it, I started a 6 hour print. The print finished and I checked over the entire Extruder Kit only to find the issue again for the 3rd time. Is this a known issue, or is something not connected correctly? I super glued all the connector plugs back into the board like Creality had them originally as well in case something was loose.

ReplyQuote
Frelt
(@frelt)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Additional Image for Reference

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@frelt That is melted filament, right? It should not be something wrong with your extruder kits as 3 extruder kits you have changed and all of them have this issue. By the way, you have replaced the extruder kits? not only the brass nozzle, right?

If yes, I recommend you figure out where the melted filament came out? Check the extruder block while the printer is working. Remember to take a video for the record.

How long have you got this printer?

ReplyQuote
Gypaete
(@gypaete)
Heating Block Registered

Hi @frelt,

indeed, there is a lot of filament! 🤔 ....

You should also check the calibration of the extruder.
According to what we find on the forums, each type of filament (pal, petg, abs ...), the extruder must be recalibrated according.

If a large E.Step/mm value is present, a calibration would be welcome.
If no verification is done, refer to the post "Extruder Calibration CR6 SE" to connect your computer to your CR-6-SE printer and calibrate your extruder safely.

Take heart, practice makes perfect! 😉 

Sorry for the language, I use an internet translator.

ReplyQuote
Frelt
(@frelt)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hmm well I didn’t even consider that. In the original extruder most of the filament turned black, and I’m using gray Hatchbox PLA. I’ve had the CR6SE since around mid February, like 8 weeks. I haven’t used it much, since I’d stop after each experience with the extruder. I’m still new to 3D printing, and it looks like I still have many things to experience, kinda like that saying “I know a thing for two because I’ve seen a thing or two.” lol. My first printer was a Ender 3 about a year and a half ago that I still use, and my only issue with that is still obnoxious amounts of stringing. But that’s another topic I know 😉

I am replacing the extruder each time this happens, and the nozzles too. I’ll attach photos of the original and the replacement I got. I didn’t even dare touch that first one. That was after a 4 Day print though. In both the photos I actually have MicroSwiss Hardened Steel 0.4mm.

What would be the best and safest way to scrape all that off at least one of them?

ReplyQuote
Frelt
(@frelt)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

2nd Photo

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@frelt The only way is to heat the block first and then scrape them off. I am so curious that how the filament went to the top of the Aluminum block.

ReplyQuote
Gypaete
(@gypaete)
Heating Block Registered

@frelt,

The picture is impressiv!.. 🤔

On the picture, it seems that the 0,4 mm MicroSwiss nozzle is in contact with the heating block!...
Did you compare the thread length of the original nozzle with the MicroSwiss?
When you change a nozzle, you have to check that the PTFE is in contact with the nozzle base!...
If not, filament leakage can be observed.
A video to explain how to avoid this inconvenience.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up