Clear all

CR-6-SE-V2.0.1.3-English-update-firmware

Page 9 / 10

Atze
 Atze
(@atze)
Active Member Registered

@wasp: Thanks for sharing the url.
I just checked the features listed at the homepage and i like it.
The listed imtpovements in bed leveling, octoprint compatability and the nice GUI are reason enough to flash and use it.
I do not care about the beta-stage. The original Creality Firmware does not run satisfactorily either.

Regards from snowy Lower Saxony (Germany).
Martin

Wasp056 liked
ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member Registered

@atze

Your most welcome Martin, let me how you get on with the new FW upgrade or if i can help any, but do join the discord the are far more knowledgeable people than me who will quite happily answer any questions.

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @wasp056

@atze

here is the github linky thing. (

I must re-iterate this is a beta version (Beta 5), but it has been well tested by the community (Inc me) and found to be quite stable, it will be released soon.

Make sure you are competent at the update process (Download the FW file, and the screen FW folder Dwin and understand and read the whole page of the link first. Make sure you know how to go back to the default FW if something does not work for you. Make sure you know you are using a BETA and what that means.

There are some screen shots of what the new screen will look like after update to Community FW and also what to expect with this new FW.

Finally, like the Creality FW, you will need to know what main board you have on your CR6-SE (4.5.2 or 4.5.3) as there are different FW for each type, some are for the brand new screen the BTT, but if you have an unchanged CR6 you will be looking at the 4th or 5th file in the 'Asserts' list at the very bottom of the page.

The only way i know what board you have is to tip the printer on it's side remove the bottom plate where the board sits, and have a look at the top/ bottom corner depending which way you look at it, where it will say either the 4.5.3 or 4.5.2, then download the exact FW for your board and screen, and upload, remembering the SD Card format rules discussed earlier in this thread.

A bit of a faff i know, but honestly it is worth it IMHO, i am so happy with this FW i am actually testing out the next FW update (Alpha version) which i don't recommend unless you are confident with flashing and what is going on, it is 'ALPHA' for a reason which means it is not steady yet

I also recommend joining the Discord where you can read what other people have found on the Beta and also the Alpha versions and lots of other things good related to the CR6-SE.

Good luck and Happy updating!

hello, as soon as I turn on the printer I get this message on the display! sometimes the touchscreen doesn't respond and I have to restart the printer! what can it be, can it depend on the SD card?

ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @wasp056

@atze

here is the github linky thing. (

I must re-iterate this is a beta version (Beta 5), but it has been well tested by the community (Inc me) and found to be quite stable, it will be released soon.

Make sure you are competent at the update process (Download the FW file, and the screen FW folder Dwin and understand and read the whole page of the link first. Make sure you know how to go back to the default FW if something does not work for you. Make sure you know you are using a BETA and what that means.

There are some screen shots of what the new screen will look like after update to Community FW and also what to expect with this new FW.

Finally, like the Creality FW, you will need to know what main board you have on your CR6-SE (4.5.2 or 4.5.3) as there are different FW for each type, some are for the brand new screen the BTT, but if you have an unchanged CR6 you will be looking at the 4th or 5th file in the 'Asserts' list at the very bottom of the page.

The only way i know what board you have is to tip the printer on it's side remove the bottom plate where the board sits, and have a look at the top/ bottom corner depending which way you look at it, where it will say either the 4.5.3 or 4.5.2, then download the exact FW for your board and screen, and upload, remembering the SD Card format rules discussed earlier in this thread.

A bit of a faff i know, but honestly it is worth it IMHO, i am so happy with this FW i am actually testing out the next FW update (Alpha version) which i don't recommend unless you are confident with flashing and what is going on, it is 'ALPHA' for a reason which means it is not steady yet

I also recommend joining the Discord where you can read what other people have found on the Beta and also the Alpha versions and lots of other things good related to the CR6-SE.

Good luck and Happy updating!

hello, as soon as I turn on the printer I get this message on the display! sometimes the touchscreen doesn't respond and I have to restart the printer! what can it be, can it depend on the SD card?

ReplyQuote
prtkin
(@prtkin)
New Member Registered

Hello, I only have this printer for 2 days. The first day, a line appeared on the display. Unfortunately, another day was added to the display issue the next day. The printer has stopped working! The SD card with the files to be printed is not displayed on the screen. When the card is removed, the printer system turns off and then on again. Unfortunately, it is not even possible to perform a factory reset, it does not work on the display. Can playing finfare help? I'm very disappointed. Please suggest a solution to the problem. Thank you very much.

ReplyQuote
prtkin
(@prtkin)
New Member Registered

Hello, do you think that replacing the original board with would solve the problems of reading the SD card BIGTREETECH SKR CR6 V1.0? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member Registered

@prtkin That sounds really bad I am sorry for your bad printer.

First Step, you need to contact Creality Customer support who will (Slowly) guide you through a few things to try and if they cannot get it working, they will (Should) send replacement to you.

Do i think changing board will help??? It may well be the board but for Warranty to remain good, do not replace anything until you are directed by Creality, otherwise you may invalidate any warranty you have with them.

ReplyQuote
DidiDaDude
(@dididadude)
New Member Registered

I've just upgraded from 2.0.1.2 (mainboard 4.5.3, got the printer last week) to 2.0.1.3 and now I have major issues auto-leveling 🙁
Seems it is not heating and the nozzle drives into the print bed, even thought the blue LED seems to detect contact.

I'd downgrade to 2.0.1.2 again (just wanted the upgrade to have autolevel stored without inserted SD-card) but I am not sure which the correct file is (there is SE-board and one revoked and none which says 4.5.3). Can someone point me to the right download?

ReplyQuote
DidiDaDude
(@dididadude)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @dididadude

I've just upgraded from 2.0.1.2 (mainboard 4.5.3, got the printer last week) to 2.0.1.3 and now I have major issues auto-leveling 🙁
Seems it is not heating and the nozzle drives into the print bed, even thought the blue LED seems to detect contact.

I'd downgrade to 2.0.1.2 again (just wanted the upgrade to have autolevel stored without inserted SD-card) but I am not sure which the correct file is (there is SE-board and one revoked and none which says 4.5.3). Can someone point me to the right download?

So, I've decided to now try the Community rel 5 firmware, and with that everything seems to be working fine (again). Luckily nothing broke or was misaligned by the bad levelling tries.

But I really think Creality should check their code again, something seems to be broken in that FW version I tried...

ReplyQuote
techfrq
(@techfrq)
New Member Registered

I am hoping that somebody else finds these instructions helpful since following Creality's instructions did not work as described in their pdf and I had to find a workaround. 

For me, the CR-6SE - HW - V4.5.3 Mainboard V2.0.1.3 and the CR-6 SE Upgrade Package V2.0.1.3 were required to complete the installation and fix the Chinese Language problem.

For the Upgrade you will need two SD Cards, 8GB  for the mainboard and an Micro SD for the Screen.  For the steps1-7 below, you will use the larger SD Card

1. Navigate to here:
  2. Download the CR-6SE - HW - V4.5.3 Mainboard V2.0.1.3 unzip it. 
  3. Copy the .bin file and put in regular SD card (it should be the only file on the SD card)
  4. Make sure the power is turned off, insert the SD card into the card reader on the front of the printer. 
  5. Turn on the printer and wait for the firmware to upgrade - takes about 20-30 seconds
  6. Turn the power off and remove the SD card. 
  7. Turn the power on and the language is still in Chinese, it doesn't matter if you navigate to the language area - there no way to select a language file - simply doesn't come up. 

After unsuccessfully fixing the language problem with the existing DWIN_SET file include in the hardware zip.  I decided to use the Upgrade Package DWIN_SET folder instead and that worked great!

These steps below changed Chinese to English. You will need the DWIN_SET folder from the CR-6 SE Upgrade Package V2.0.1.3. 

For these steps 1-9 you will use the Micro SD Card

1. Navigate to here:
  2. Download the CR-6 SE Upgrade Package V2.0.1.3 and unzip it
  3. Navigate into the folder to the DWIN_SET.zip and unzip it
  4. Copy the DWIN_SET folder to the MICRO SD Card (only the DWIN_SET folder should be on the Micro SD card)
  5. Open the Upgrade Guide for CR-6 Series Printer.pdf, pages 4&5 show the steps to remove the cover of the screen. 
  6. With the Mico SD card installed on the pcb board of the screen, put the cover back on, attach the cable and turn the printer on. 
  7. A screen will load and it will look at the .CFG file first and a couple for files will be read. I had some files read 000 which means the file didn't take, I wasn't concerned as several other files were read successfully.
  8. Turn the power off, remove the cable, undo the cover, and remove the MICRO SD Card, put everything back together again. 
  9. Turn the power, Screen Menu is now in English. 

The printer runs perfectly now and it's so nice not to have to guess at the menu selection.

It would be incredibly convenient if the DWIN_SET folder in the mainboard zip file worked. 

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Diplomator
(@diplomator)
New Member Registered

what a shit with these firmware ???? WHY ???

why cannot creality bring out a software that works probaly or warn that it maybe not work or destroy the printer ?

i have the  me, the CR-6SE - HW - V4.5.3 Mainboard V2.0.1.3 i try to update 16hours, i try everything , 6 different cards , different ways and now , the printer is broken.. 

it is not anymore heating up .. 

what now ? trash it ? or by new display and board ? 

ReplyQuote
mrpresident
(@mrpresident)
Active Member Registered

Hello,

actually I´m using a CR6-SE with Release 1.0.3.6 and board 4.5.2.

Until I tried to minimize stringing all prints were really perfect. During a lot of prints all objects does not adhere anymore. Then I added new gcode "G1 X10 Y230" sliding bed to front presenting the print. While that does not work I used Pronterface adding the new gcode and send it with "M500". That was the time no object were print correctly anymore including missing adhere.

At that point I updated to 2.0.1.3 incl. screen update. All text were missing, only the symbols were shown and a language could not be selected. Updating needs two SD cards different memory. For the firmware himself I used the black 8GB card what came with the printer, for the screen update I used a new bought 16GB with a adapter. Nothing positive happens, same problems still exists. Then I divide the 16GB card into 2 x 8 partitions (all cards were formatted before using with FAT32/4k) and tried it again, same result.

Finally I started to rollback to 1.0.3.6, with success. All functions are working and I started to print a existing former perfect printed object. The print startet at different point, still does not adheres and were different from original designed with Tinkercad and sliced in Cura. Also the noozle sticks quickly.

I think my last chance I have to reset the eeprom completely (might be that M500 has written something a update could not delete?) and try again updating.

Don´t hesitate to contact me with suggestions, questions and more. I would be really happy and thankfull.

Thanks in advance 🙂

ReplyQuote
fokx
 fokx
(@fokx)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @diplomator

what a shit with these firmware ???? WHY ???

why cannot creality bring out a software that works probaly or warn that it maybe not work or destroy the printer ?

i have the  me, the CR-6SE - HW - V4.5.3 Mainboard V2.0.1.3 i try to update 16hours, i try everything , 6 different cards , different ways and now , the printer is broken.. 

it is not anymore heating up .. 

what now ? trash it ? or by new display and board ? 

Hello ! I have exactly the same problem (Nothing getting hot, neither the noddle neither the bed) ! Do you have found a solution ??? Thanks you !

ReplyQuote
fokx
 fokx
(@fokx)
New Member Registered

So, I've decided to now try the Community rel 5 firmware, and with that everything seems to be working fine (again). Luckily nothing broke or was misaligned by the bad levelling tries.

But I really think Creality should check their code again, something seems to be broken in that FW version I tried...

Hello, where do you find the Community rel 5 firmware ? Thank s by advance.

ReplyQuote
mrpresident
(@mrpresident)
Active Member Registered

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10