Notifications
Clear all

CR-6-SE-V2.0.1.3-English-update-firmware

Page 8 / 10

martind99
(@martind99)
New Member Registered

@eli-liu

Hi sorry to bother you i am new to this i have upgraded to CR-6-SE-V2.0.1.3 as i am using octopi and is say that there was a problem with the firmware however i now have chinese writing on all the menus!!!! HELP!!!!

Martin

ReplyQuote
martind99
(@martind99)
New Member Registered

@sapocnek

HI How did you do the screen update?

ReplyQuote
Bizzmo
(@bizzmo)
Active Member Registered

@eli-liu

Warnig!!! Latest firmware upgrade broke the 3d printer. I upgraded from V2.0.1.2 today and now i cannot use my printer anymore. Im getting "202 homing error" like many other have reported going to this firmware. Not possible to use the printer anymore.

It cannot be solved with firmware downgrade. The printer is brick for the moment. Be careful. I have tested all firmware V2.0.1.3, V2.0.1.2, 1.0.3.6, and  V1.0.2, including screen updates, but same issue.

ReplyQuote
Somalik
(@somalik)
New Member Registered

Hi there,

I have a 4.5.2 motherboard and updated to 2.0.1.3 from Dec 2nd 2020 

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/cr-series/cr-6-se/

1st I've updated the motherboard - language was in Chinese afterwards

2nd I've updated the screen 

Then there's isn't a language at all, only symbols. And the Touchscreen doesn't work - so a cannot select a langague?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT:

back to version 1.0.2 from Sept 7th 2020 and the touch screen works again.

anyway, does someone know a solution for my screen issue in 2.0.1.3 or should it better be: "never change a running system" as one post above Bizzmo's CR-6 SE broke due to firmware upgrade.

what are the real benefits of 2.0.1.3 in comparison to 1.0.2?
I was just looking for german language but instead of maybe briking the printer I would rather stay on the old firmware verion in english

This post was modified 8 months ago by Somalik

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote
fermin
(@fermin)
New Member Registered

My display goes dark at "Download .HZK Files". What did I do wrong? Format of the card is correct, it doesn't only show "000" at the lines before getting to .HZK".

ReplyQuote
fermin
(@fermin)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @fermin

My display goes dark at "Download .HZK Files". What did I do wrong? Format of the card is correct, it doesn't only show "000" at the lines before getting to .HZK".

Never mind. It worked. I had to give it time, apparently. Went to eat dinner and let it on - the display was still dark when I got back, but when I powered off, extracted the card and rebooted the multi language worked. Printing also still works, it's printing right now (remote controlled from Octoprint/OctoPI).

ReplyQuote
Ryusho
(@ryusho)
New Member Registered

Just tried to update to this n ew firmware, as I got the new mainboard, and had to learn how to make the language work properly on the screen, since it was chinese, the z Leveling seemed to work when I got it, but after running the  update on the screen and on the system, Now the Z leveling no longer works.

And here I was hoping to finally get to use this printer after it had messed up it's ability to Z level and all on the last board X_X

ReplyQuote
Bizzmo
(@bizzmo)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @ryusho

Just tried to update to this n ew firmware, as I got the new mainboard, and had to learn how to make the language work properly on the screen, since it was chinese, the z Leveling seemed to work when I got it, but after running the  update on the screen and on the system, Now the Z leveling no longer works.

And here I was hoping to finally get to use this printer after it had messed up it's ability to Z level and all on the last board X_X

Hi

Did you select the correct firmware for your board? There is currently Two firmware for 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 motherboard. If you have the 4.5.2 but flash using 4.5.3, at least I got problem with z leveling and 202 homing error. I tried every other firmware, even recalibrate in pronto but nothing worked. Finally i tested Marlin CR6 firmware and it solved the z leveling issue.

ReplyQuote
Ryusho
(@ryusho)
New Member Registered

@bizzmo Yeah I actually had to shift to the Community firmware to fix the problem myself as well.

ReplyQuote
Atze
 Atze
(@atze)
Active Member Registered

is it possible to set a z-offset in a step less than 0.05mm?

am swaying between between 0.20 and 0.25 at my z-offset. one value ist bit too high the other is a bit too low 🙁

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member Registered

@atze

Unfortunately Creality deem that we should all set our Z Offset in .05mm increments and not have the freedom to alter in.01 increments My ideal offset is .023 but Creality force me to use .20 or .25

I say NO!!!!

Hmmmmm. Nice one Creality. This was one of the reason that i have stopped using the Creality FW and switched instead to the Community led FW developed by a group of CR6-SE Gurus', based on Marlin and i would say it is 50 times BETTER than what Creality have chucked at us.

With this alternative FW, you can do loads more things like e-steps calibration, easy and accurate ABL, PID Tuning these 3 things alone are essential to have tuned in for good 3D printing

ReplyQuote
Atze
 Atze
(@atze)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @wasp056

My ideal offset is .023 but Creality force me to use .20 or .25

Wow, that is interesting. My offset is exactly the same!

So come on Creality, keep on working on our firmware!

@wasp: Where can i get this fancy CR-6SE Guru firmware? ? 

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Eminent Member Registered

@atze

here is the github linky thing. ( https://github.com/CR6Community/Marlin/releases/tag/v2.0.7.3-cr6-community-release-5-beta?fbclid=IwAR3gDDFOC8ywo4sSQBcPSNj3paMAlKRz-HXJxnt7th3aGAmu4yxrAa1F4Co)

I must re-iterate this is a beta version (Beta 5), but it has been well tested by the community (Inc me) and found to be quite stable, it will be released soon.

Make sure you are competent at the update process (Download the FW file, and the screen FW folder Dwin and understand and read the whole page of the link first. Make sure you know how to go back to the default FW if something does not work for you. Make sure you know you are using a BETA and what that means.

There are some screen shots of what the new screen will look like after update to Community FW and also what to expect with this new FW.

Finally, like the Creality FW, you will need to know what main board you have on your CR6-SE (4.5.2 or 4.5.3) as there are different FW for each type, some are for the brand new screen the BTT, but if you have an unchanged CR6 you will be looking at the 4th or 5th file in the 'Asserts' list at the very bottom of the page.

The only way i know what board you have is to tip the printer on it's side remove the bottom plate where the board sits, and have a look at the top/ bottom corner depending which way you look at it, where it will say either the 4.5.3 or 4.5.2, then download the exact FW for your board and screen, and upload, remembering the SD Card format rules discussed earlier in this thread.

A bit of a faff i know, but honestly it is worth it IMHO, i am so happy with this FW i am actually testing out the next FW update (Alpha version) which i don't recommend unless you are confident with flashing and what is going on, it is 'ALPHA' for a reason which means it is not steady yet

I also recommend joining the Discord where you can read what other people have found on the Beta and also the Alpha versions and lots of other things good related to the CR6-SE.

Good luck and Happy updating!

Atze liked
ReplyQuote
Francesco V.
(@francesco-v)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @ryusho

@bizzmo Yeah I actually had to shift to the Community firmware to fix the problem myself as well.

someone explain to me how and where to download the community firmware ?? my CR6-SE with v.4.5.2 I updated to 2.0.1.3 started having error 202 and 203. I downgraded to 1.0.2 both of the motherboard and display as well, but still something is wrong. tell me where to download this community firmware and how to install it ??? Thank you

ReplyQuote
Bizzmo
(@bizzmo)
Active Member Registered

@francesco-v

Hi. Someone have already responded to the same question in a different thread. I can copy and paste it below. Before moving forward I think your warranty gets void if you flash a different firmware. If your not willing to sacrifice anything, you should contact creality support to get an update. With that out of the way, below is the instructions i found. It not written by me, so credit goes to the author.

Quotes"

here is the github linky thing. ( https://github.com/CR6Community/Marlin/releases/tag/v2.0.7.3-cr6-community-release-5-beta?fbclid=IwAR3gDDFOC8ywo4sSQBcPSNj3paMAlKRz-HXJxnt7th3aGAmu4yxrAa1F4Co )

I must re-iterate this is a beta version (Beta 5), but it has been well tested by the community (Inc me) and found to be quite stable, it will be released soon.

Make sure you are competent at the update process (Download the FW file, and the screen FW folder Dwin and understand and read the whole page of the link first. Make sure you know how to go back to the default FW if something does not work for you. Make sure you know you are using a BETA and what that means.

There are some screen shots of what the new screen will look like after update to Community FW and also what to expect with this new FW.

Finally, like the Creality FW, you will need to know what main board you have on your CR6-SE (4.5.2 or 4.5.3) as there are different FW for each type, some are for the brand new screen the BTT, but if you have an unchanged CR6 you will be looking at the 4th or 5th file in the 'Asserts' list at the very bottom of the page.

The only way i know what board you have is to tip the printer on it's side remove the bottom plate where the board sits, and have a look at the top/ bottom corner depending which way you look at it, where it will say either the 4.5.3 or 4.5.2, then download the exact FW for your board and screen, and upload, remembering the SD Card format rules discussed earlier in this thread.

A bit of a faff i know, but honestly it is worth it IMHO, i am so happy with this FW i am actually testing out the next FW update (Alpha version) which i don't recommend unless you are confident with flashing and what is going on, it is 'ALPHA' for a reason which means it is not steady yet

I also recommend joining the Discord where you can read what other people have found on the Beta and also the Alpha versions and lots of other things good related to the CR6-SE.

Good luck and Happy updating!"

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10