Clear all

CR-6-SE-V2.0.1.3-English-update-firmware

Page 1 / 9

Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

CR-6-SE-V2.0.1.3 is released now. Compared to the previous version(V2.0.1.2), the new version mainly has a 10mins timeout feature for the screen saver instead of 30secs. There maybe are other changes in the new version. (please see the update log inside the zip file for more details). 

Many many users asked for a screen option to turn on/off the time saver and other requests like the Z offset. I delivered them all to Creality. The R&D will make changes accordingly, depending on their abilities.

Again, thank you all for the informative feedbacks and supports for each other!!

Download Link:

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

So, I was in the middle of updating to V2.0.1.2 and successfully updated, but ran into the issue others have mentioned with the language change ability missing and getting the main screen to show in English, but changes to Chinese if moving to a different menu option, seemingly not "Sticking" 

So I downloaded V2.0.1.3 - Same issue. 

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

English only on this screen.

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

Firmware Version

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

Screen Update

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

Back to Chinese

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

These 3 files have weird characters.

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

I am moving back to V1.0.2

ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

V1.0.2 showing Language selector

ReplyQuote
akikiki
(@akikiki)
Cooling Fan Registered

@juracbear,  Feel your pain.  Sorry you are going thru this. 

ReplyQuote
akikiki
(@akikiki)
Cooling Fan Registered

eli-liu, thank you for using your influence to persuade Creality to rollout a revised version of 2.x so quickly. That was great.  Very responsive to a situation folks where stuck with.

I downloaded and unzipped the 2.0.1.3 file. Interesting. Easy to over look at first, but the Screen Firmware is also a Zipped file.

So repeating for myself a couple of questions that I raised earlier in a different thread. Welcome anyone to jump in and help us understand the answer.

1. Can both the motherboard (MB) and screen firmwares folder (DWIN_SET) be on the same micro SD Card and used to upgrade firmware. Makes sense it would work, since the requires are that for each separate upgrade the instruction in the 2.0.1.2 video said "the files must be the only ones named for their function". I take this to mean, the MB firmware's .bin file certainly can't be named DWIN_SET since that's the name for the screen firmware's folder name.

The question: Can firmware for MB and Screen be on the same micro SD card.

2. After a successful upgrade of the MB, the attempt to upgrade the screen fails. It runs but it doesn't copy any files. Files are listed but show zero copied. This means the MB firmware and the screen firmware don't match. If after several attempts people often go upgrade backwards to an older MB firmware. So it appears to make the MB firmware upgrade a chancy or maybe a risk.

The question: Can we upgrade the screen firmware first? Then the MB firmware, if the screen firmware upgrade was successful? This way, we don't have to go backwards to an older version to make them match. In other words, do screen firmware first, and if it doesn't take, don't bother to do MB upgrade.

Why? I got my CR-6 SE last week. I'd seen enough videos on Creality, so I decided to upgrade the firmware before I printed even the first benchy. Mine came with 1.0.1.2. My attempts to upgrade to 2.0.1.2 failed on the screen firmware. MB worked. No matter what, screen would not upgrade. So, I decided to try 1.0.3.6 and the MB firmware worked. I tried the 1.0.3.6 screen firmware and it too didn't copy any files. Lucky me, the 1.0.3.6 and 1.0.1.2 (that came on it) must be so near/alike my printer is working with 1.0.3.6 MB and 1.0.1.2 screen firmware. So, you now know my logic in trying to do screen firmware first.

3. I'm probably going to get slapped away from the table for asking this, but considering how many people here (me too) have difficulty with firmware upgrades and switching them to English, can we get a "English only" version of the firmwares? When we download the zipped file, its named English, not "languages'. So, since it's named English, it should be an English only version, right? Anyone else wish the English version was English only?

The question: Can we get an English only version of firmwares, after all, they are named "English"?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

@akikiki thank you for typing so many words and as a 3D printer user and Crealtiy staff, I've used and tested MANY Creality printers. Firmware bugs are the most common, annoying and difficult-to-solve issues we have ever faced. Creality should be responsible for each firmware they made. But the fact is not what we hoped for. New firmware with new features always has bugs and it needs time and people to find bugs and fix them. 

My suggestion is If you are new to 3D printing and just wanna use a 3D printer as a tool to print 3D models, stay with the default firmware, which is the most stable version. If you like to new features of 3D printers, try the new firmware, but be with caution and be ready for bugs.

ReplyQuote
akikiki
(@akikiki)
Cooling Fan Registered

@Eli-liu, thanks for the reply.  I apologize if I sounded like I was complaining. I wasn't.  I truly understand there are bumps in the road.  I was though hoping to streamline some of the curves with my questions to shake out some of the things we can do to reduce our travel.

I am a tinker-er. And am enjoying the challenges of learning some new stuff. Yes, I am new to 3D print. But I hope some others here can contribute part of the answers to those questions I raised. 

Much obliged to those that are helping all.  Especially you, Eli lui

This post was modified 3 months ago by akikiki

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote
JURACBear
(@juracbear)
Heating Block Registered

akikiki and I, as well as I am sure others, are sharing our experience in hopes to improve the stability of the Firmware updates provided.

We get that there are issues that come with an update, but it is a responsibility of Creality to provide a user experience that grows the, "new to 3D printing and just wanna use a 3D printer as a tool to print 3D models" and we are sharing input around the firmware updates, to the advantage of Creality,  as we took the risk, shared data for Creality to improve the experience, and sounds like you are saying, "stay with the default firmware, which is the most stable version." OR "If you like to new features of 3D printers, try the new firmware, but be with caution and be ready for bugs."

This attitude does not improve the confidence of support with Creality, and Creality's bottom line $.

What we would like to hear is that you have taken the data that we have documented to the right people inside Creality and as was shown last night with v2.0.1.3 (Screen Time-Out change), Creality thanks people like Akikiki and others that take a risk to try an update to their Firmware, and a v2.0.1.4 is currently being worked on to resolve the language issues shared, for their English speaking customers.

That is what a responsive business would do.

I and others have chose Creality for a reason. 

Not being responsive in the issues we have shared, will make your customers choose other manufacturers, because we do expect Creality to improve the features and function of our investment in the 3D printers we have purchased.

If we wanted to be "Stuck" with a stock firmware without updates to features and functions, we would have chosen another purchase path.

I am a Computer Technician, but new to 3D printing. 

As akikiki shared, we do appreciate @Eli-liu being here, and although my post here is a complaint, it is done so with the intent to improve Creality's customer experience, from the perspective of someone that holds a similar role in providing customer support.

Eli liu, cmid and akikiki liked
ReplyQuote
akikiki
(@akikiki)
Cooling Fan Registered

@juracbear,  I mirror what you said.  Well done.  I too am, but retired, IT. 

These days out of the box when new products are connected to the Internet, they automatically download new firmware and install. We've become accustomed (programmed) to immediately install firmware upgrades to keep the boogeyman out of our stuff.  So, to simply disregard a new or old products firmware update is irresponsible and often the first thing customer support asks.  We are simply doing what we are suppose to do - and trying like @juracbear said, improve it for all.

@juracbear, thank you.

cmid and JURACBear liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9
Scroll Up