CR-6 SE-V2.0.1.2 Up...

Notifications
Clear all

CR-6 SE-V2.0.1.2 Updated firmware

Page 5 / 5

mikeccpu
(@mikeccpu)
Screw Registered

I only had a 32GB micro-SD card and wanted to update the screen firmware.  I tried it with simple FAT32 format, but it didn't work [blank screen].  I was able to get it working by reformatting with 4k cluster size & limited the size of the card to 512MB.  I used this command (on OSX):

sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -c 8 -s 1000000 -v SD /dev/disk3s1

-c8 means 8 sectors per cluster [4k]

-s 10000000 means 1M sectors, or 500MB.

This worked and allowed me to update my screen firmware.

ReplyQuote
HappyCorpse
(@happycorpse)
Screw Registered

@jwblazek

First, install the firmware .bin file on a standard SD card as in the guide book formated as 32GB and formated at 32bit/4096. Install as per the guide.

Now get a micro sd card and make sure it is under 32GB and formated at 32bit/4096.  Only place on the micro sd the unzipped folder DWIN_SET that contains the files.  Now you can continue to follow the instructions in the included guide.

ReplyQuote
Link
 Link
(@link)
Heating Block Registered

@stevecol56 +1 for everything Steve listed.  Offset increments of .1mm would really be appreciated!  I've had a lot of trouble printing larger models because the bed is not 100% true, and the .5mm increments doesn't help.  The filament change/ pause @ height still is buggy...

ReplyQuote
Rabulist
(@rabulist)
Heating Block Registered

Finally found the time to update my printer and start testing.

M600 definetly still doesn't work.

EDIT: M25 still works the same as with the old firmware (and not as intended): the head moves to the chosen pause-position then instantly moves back to the model and stays there with heated nozzle until you hit pause on the touchscreen.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Rabulist

ReplyQuote
smetester
(@smetester)
Nozzle Registered

Sorry to ask this question as I am fairly new to this exciting world of 3D printing and this is my first printer, I see their is an update to the firmware but could anyone give me a step by step on how to correctly install the New firmware to my printer? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Link
 Link
(@link)
Heating Block Registered

@smetester  Check out Wasp056 video.  It should be in this thread.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @jwblazek

Looking forward, I think, to installing this. Just got the printer running again last week after MB replacement, reluctant to do anything but...

SO, installed Z-zip, downloaded the FW and unzipped it to a desktop folder. It contains3 files, the log, a V2.0.12 motherboard FW and what appears to be another Zip file, DWIN_Set, yet you can open the .bmp files, so not zipped now?

So procedure is to put the Motherboard FW , named xxx.bin on an empty SD card, put card in printer and power up?

What do I put on the SD card for the screen? the DWIN_Set, as-is and if so, again named yyy.bin?

Really don't want to screw this up

I second that....

>>What do I put on the SD card for the screen? the DWIN_Set, as-is and if so, again named yyy.bin

do you copy the entire dwin_set folder onto the sd card? or just the .bin files? there are multiple .bin files in the dwin_set folder

thanks

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

@rlw For the screen firmware update, All you need is the unzipped down set folder in the SD card.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Nozzle Registered

SOLVED- I upgraded the fw on the screen all is fine.

cheers

@eli-liu Hi, The language is chinese after i update FW, I go to the language button in control but pressing the language button nothing happens it beeps but no languages are available to choose, I've re-flashed and it is still unable to choose a language.

Can anyone give me some pointers? 

Thanks

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by rlw

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @rlw

@eli-liu Hi, The language is chinese after i update FW, I go to the language button in control but pressing the language button nothing happens it beeps but no languages are available to choose, I've re-flashed and it is still unable to choose a language.

Can anyone give me some pointers? 

Thanks

Hi there!
I'm new to the forum, so first of all hello everybody!
I have the same problem here: if I update the firmare, then I have only chinese language.

I tried only the "normal" firmaew, not the one for the 4.5.3 mainboard. Can I try it without making disasters? How can I know which mobo I have, without open the case?

Thank you in advance!

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Nozzle Registered

Just another question @elii-liu : do I have to update the display firmware together with the mainboard firmare, or they are independent?

This post was modified 1 month ago by dido_75

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Nozzle Registered

@dido_75

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @rlw

@dido_75

marvelous! I'll test it and let you all know!

ReplyQuote
nonoti
(@nonoti)
Screw Registered

@mikeccpu After battling for hours with a 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB SD card and formatting in Mac and Windows I just followed your instructions on a random card and it worked 100% - screen flashed perfectly.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Scroll Up