CR-6 SE-V2.0.1.2 Up...

Notifications
Clear all

CR-6 SE-V2.0.1.2 Updated firmware

Page 5 / 6

mikeccpu
(@mikeccpu)
New Member Registered

I only had a 32GB micro-SD card and wanted to update the screen firmware.  I tried it with simple FAT32 format, but it didn't work [blank screen].  I was able to get it working by reformatting with 4k cluster size & limited the size of the card to 512MB.  I used this command (on OSX):

sudo newfs_msdos -F 32 -c 8 -s 1000000 -v SD /dev/disk3s1

-c8 means 8 sectors per cluster [4k]

-s 10000000 means 1M sectors, or 500MB.

This worked and allowed me to update my screen firmware.

ReplyQuote
HappyCorpse
(@happycorpse)
New Member Registered

@jwblazek

First, install the firmware .bin file on a standard SD card as in the guide book formated as 32GB and formated at 32bit/4096. Install as per the guide.

Now get a micro sd card and make sure it is under 32GB and formated at 32bit/4096.  Only place on the micro sd the unzipped folder DWIN_SET that contains the files.  Now you can continue to follow the instructions in the included guide.

ReplyQuote
Link
 Link
(@link)
Active Member Registered

@stevecol56 +1 for everything Steve listed.  Offset increments of .1mm would really be appreciated!  I've had a lot of trouble printing larger models because the bed is not 100% true, and the .5mm increments doesn't help.  The filament change/ pause @ height still is buggy...

ReplyQuote
Rabulist
(@rabulist)
Active Member Registered

Finally found the time to update my printer and start testing.

M600 definetly still doesn't work.

EDIT: M25 still works the same as with the old firmware (and not as intended): the head moves to the chosen pause-position then instantly moves back to the model and stays there with heated nozzle until you hit pause on the touchscreen.

This post was modified 10 months ago by Rabulist

ReplyQuote
smetester
(@smetester)
New Member Registered

Sorry to ask this question as I am fairly new to this exciting world of 3D printing and this is my first printer, I see their is an update to the firmware but could anyone give me a step by step on how to correctly install the New firmware to my printer? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Link
 Link
(@link)
Active Member Registered

@smetester  Check out Wasp056 video.  It should be in this thread.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @jwblazek

Looking forward, I think, to installing this. Just got the printer running again last week after MB replacement, reluctant to do anything but...

SO, installed Z-zip, downloaded the FW and unzipped it to a desktop folder. It contains3 files, the log, a V2.0.12 motherboard FW and what appears to be another Zip file, DWIN_Set, yet you can open the .bmp files, so not zipped now?

So procedure is to put the Motherboard FW , named xxx.bin on an empty SD card, put card in printer and power up?

What do I put on the SD card for the screen? the DWIN_Set, as-is and if so, again named yyy.bin?

Really don't want to screw this up

I second that....

>>What do I put on the SD card for the screen? the DWIN_Set, as-is and if so, again named yyy.bin

do you copy the entire dwin_set folder onto the sd card? or just the .bin files? there are multiple .bin files in the dwin_set folder

thanks

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

@rlw For the screen firmware update, All you need is the unzipped down set folder in the SD card.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered

SOLVED- I upgraded the fw on the screen all is fine.

cheers

@eli-liu Hi, The language is chinese after i update FW, I go to the language button in control but pressing the language button nothing happens it beeps but no languages are available to choose, I've re-flashed and it is still unable to choose a language.

Can anyone give me some pointers? 

Thanks

This post was modified 9 months ago 2 times by rlw

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @rlw

@eli-liu Hi, The language is chinese after i update FW, I go to the language button in control but pressing the language button nothing happens it beeps but no languages are available to choose, I've re-flashed and it is still unable to choose a language.

Can anyone give me some pointers? 

Thanks

Hi there!
I'm new to the forum, so first of all hello everybody!
I have the same problem here: if I update the firmare, then I have only chinese language.

I tried only the "normal" firmaew, not the one for the 4.5.3 mainboard. Can I try it without making disasters? How can I know which mobo I have, without open the case?

Thank you in advance!

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Active Member Registered

Just another question @elii-liu : do I have to update the display firmware together with the mainboard firmare, or they are independent?

This post was modified 9 months ago by dido_75

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered

@dido_75

ReplyQuote
dido_75
(@dido_75)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @rlw

@dido_75

marvelous! I'll test it and let you all know!

ReplyQuote
nonoti
(@nonoti)
New Member Registered

@mikeccpu After battling for hours with a 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB SD card and formatting in Mac and Windows I just followed your instructions on a random card and it worked 100% - screen flashed perfectly.

ReplyQuote
ph4wks
(@ph4wks)
Active Member Registered

Hello,

Can anyone confirm that this 2.0.1.2 firmware is compatible with the V4.5.3 motherboard?  

I need to downgrade from 2.0.1.3 because its caused a complete heater failure.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6