Notifications
Clear all

CR-6 - Print Nozzle driving into the bed

Page 1 / 3

jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

I am experiencing a homing issue.  Whenever I level the bed, the print nozzle just keeps driving down into the actual bed itself.  

So far I have used a gcode to clear out all of the settings and have even reset the firmware to factory condition but I still keep getting the same issue. Any ideas?   

I am guessing that I may need to update the firmware.. but before I attempted that I wanted to confirm that was my best course of action.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin

When did this issue happen? first print or after several prints? I have the same issue on a cr6 max.

we may check a couple of things. does the sensor( blue light) act accordingly? are there any burned marks on the adapter board in the nozzle kit? 

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

@jt99jt this has happened to mine to. the light that the sensor uses dose not come on. right now the printer is useless. 

ReplyQuote
jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @eli-liu

may check a couple of things. does th

I already have at least 100 hrs print time on this printer.   i have not tried to turn on the blue light but can give that a shot Monday morning.  I had hoped it was just a nozzle issue, but it persisted after I replaced the nozzle..

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin

@jt99jt my mistake, the blue light I said means the indicator light for the pressure sensor(when you press the nozzle, it will turn on as a signal input), not the Led light.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin

@cool3dprint sorry to hear this. You can ask Creality for the causes and part replacement. I haven't figure out where is wrong. I saw a burned mark on the adapter board, but after I replace another nozzle kit, still the same problem.

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

@eli-liu my blue light just flickers on mine after I adjusted the sensitivity screw. 

ReplyQuote
jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

I figured out what light you guys were referring to.  I adjusted it and now it is at least not driving the nozzle into the bed.  I will have to spend some time figuring out how to adjust the sensitivity screw so that it can print..  but I guess it is a step in the right direction.

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

@jt99jt I have tried adjusting the sensitivity screw for the sensor for about two hours and had no luck.  

ReplyQuote
jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

Well.  I didn't get it working right, in my case I just got it to stop driving into the bed.  It seems to have messed up a lot of other settings.   I will have to go to creality's site to find a guide for how to set that screw correctly I guess..

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

@jt99jt tell me if you find anything.

ReplyQuote
jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

I have only found some vague posts.  One that made the most since was to turn the screw very slowly while placing pressure on the nozzle just until the light turns on.    I have not tried it as of yet.

Both of my CR-6's have this issue now 🙁  I also tried updating the firmware and that didn't help at all.  So I will be working on the screw next.

ReplyQuote
jt99jt
(@jt99jt)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

Still adjusting the sensor light and not getting any luck at all.

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

@jt99jt I have done this and I to have had no luck. I sent creality an email about a week ago no answer. 🙁

ReplyQuote
cool3dprint
(@cool3dprint)
Heating Block Registered

right now i am trying to level it with octoprint. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Scroll Up