Build Plate won't f...

Notifications
Clear all

Build Plate won't fully level

joshuao3
(@joshuao3)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

My build plate seems to be too high on the right side only.

I auto level between every print.

I created a very simple design with five single layer discs (center, then the four corners) and created a 4-layer wide, single-layer tall, skirt. I can very clearly see that the left side is perfectly leveled... everything about the left side is great--the discs are clean, the skirt clearly has 4 beads of filament. The center disc isn't bad, but it's not PERFECT. The right two discs are scratched, show dragging, and don't have clean lines at all... and the within the skirt the four distinct beads cannot be seen as they've been flattened by the print head. So, my questions is this... what can I do to fix this?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

I don't know why the auto levelling is not working properly. If you wanna an official answer from our after-sale, they need your machine number, pictures with issues, kickstart number or link to the store where you bought this machine.

ReplyQuote
joshuao3
(@joshuao3)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for the response!

Kickstarter backer number is 2750.

As an aside, is there a resource that explains how auto-leveling actually works? I was a bit surprised when the system didn't give details about how much to adjust the screws under the plate based on what it found during auto-leveling. That led me to believe that the system must just mathematically account for the build plate level when printing.. adjusting up and down as necessary as the head moves on the X+Y axis to account for build plate level. Since that doesn't seem to happen, I'm now guessing I have no idea what auto level actually does except tap the build plate in 12 places and decide on a single z-offset to consider 0 (which seems like a wimpy superpower, to be honest)

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

auto levelling is basically a firmware function that calculates the distances and compensates values.

this video may have a better explanation. 

One suggestion, you can check if there is any new firmware for your printer. Updating to a newer version could be helpful.

ReplyQuote
Overextruded_Human
(@overextruded_human)
New Member Registered

Actually, I had the same issue.  You may need to adjust the lead screws/X carriage to be more level with the bed.  I go over this in my Youtube CR-6 SE series:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHVEFgBXDrcrZ69MqZUCFjg?

Basically you measure one side of the X carriage distance to the bed, then the other side, and adjust the X carriage accordingly.  Sounds hard but actually quite easy... as long as the difference isn't too much.  Mine was off by about 2-3mm.

Regards,

Chris

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote