Build Plate Ridge

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Build Plate Ridge

doclee001
(@doclee001)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

My CR-6 SE has developed a ridge on the right side of the plate running the entire length - see attached picture.  I'm printing a flat plate with brim.  I initially thought that the glass plate was warped so I replaced it.  But the same ridge appeared again so it seems to be the leveling platform under the plate.  I have tried auto leveling multiple times to no avail.  Suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Link
 Link
(@link)
Active Member Registered

@doclee001  Have you tried messing with z offset?  Did this always occur of recently?  I'd take a measurement from the build plate to each side of the gantry rail to see if it's square.

ReplyQuote
doclee001
(@doclee001)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I did play with the z-offset.  If you get it high enough the ridge will disappear but it will be too high over the rest of the build plate.  So not the solution.  And I did measure the gantry rail - its the same height on both sides.  The ridge did not always occur.  Seems like it has been just recently.

This post was modified 9 months ago by doclee001

ReplyQuote
doclee001
(@doclee001)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Turns out this was a self inflicted issue.  It was the z-offset.  I was making that paper pull under the nozzle a little too tight.  For me, it's better to just barely scape the paper.  Works fine across the build plate.  Now I clean the plate and do the auto level and paper pull after every build.

ReplyQuote