broken cable at hot...

Notifications
Clear all

broken cable at hotend

Rabulist
(@rabulist)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

After a long and succesful print the printer was shut down correctly. After turning it on again it showed -15 °C for the nozzle-temperature and trying to heat it up led to the printer rebooting itself. When I checked the hotend I found a broken cable at the thermistor (see attached fotos). I guess I'll need a replacement. But what is that cable exactly connected to? The Thermistor-cable is the thick white one, right? Or is the white one the heater- and the broken one the thermistor-cable?

ReplyQuote
idunn
(@idunn)
Nozzle Registered

The white one is the heater, the broken one is the thermistor. I posted a couple of weeks ago with the same problem, and came up with the following:

"Following up on my original post, the Gulfcoast Robotics EPCOS THERMISTOR UPGRADE FOR CREALITY ENDER-3 ENDER-5 CR-10 3D PRINTERS fits the Creality CR-6 SE, seems to work very well, and installs very easily - the threaded ends screws right into the hotend, and the JST connector plugs into the nearby board."

Rabulist liked
ReplyQuote
Rabulist
(@rabulist)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@idunn cool, thanks for the link, but I'm sitting in Europe => need to find another supplier if I don't want to pay another 16 bucks for shipping (and wait 1-3 weeks for it).

I guess I'll simply try a 100k cartridge thermistor from Amazon until Creality-Support gets back to me (they never answered my first request, so I don't have much hope that they will react on this)

This post was modified 5 months ago by Rabulist

ReplyQuote
plychee
(@plychee)
Nozzle Registered

@rabulist: have you already fixed the issue? Got the same problem. -15°C hotend temperature. When i set a temperature for hotend manually, the printer just reboots itself. I already tried a second thermocouple from my other CR-6 SE which works flawlessly. Problem is: it also shows -15°C in the display?! Any ideas?

This post was modified 5 months ago by plychee

ReplyQuote
plychee
(@plychee)
Nozzle Registered

I crosschecked the "broken" thermocouple right now in the second cr-6 se. It works fine in the other printer. So it seem this is not a thermistor issue?! Hmmm...maybe motherboard? Or broken cable down the line? 

ReplyQuote
Rabulist
(@rabulist)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@plychee the problem in my case was very obviously a broken cable. You can see it in the attached photo: it snapped in half.

Officially I'm still waiting for the "after sales manager" contacting me on this issue.

Inofficially I ordered a 5-Pack of cheap 100k-cartridge-thermistors on amazon and my printer is up and running again.

Still would prefer to get an original part from creality...

ReplyQuote
plychee
(@plychee)
Nozzle Registered

@rabulist: i already tried "3rd" party thermistors from amazon. Outcome: same -15°C temperature reading. Thats's why i tried out the "broken" thermistor on my other Cr-6 SE. There it works like a charm. So obviously, in my case the thermistor is not the problem. Also the hotend circuit board can be excluded, i tested it as well. My suspect is the ribbon cable from the hot end circuit board going to the mainboard (or the mainboard itself). Im also waiting on creality customer service to step in with some help on this topic.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up