I've tried to reflash the firmware but it doesnt even seem to try to reflash it

any help would be appreciated 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Yukaira
(@yukaira)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

To clarify, I have done a moderate amount of printing (~75h) of printing with this printer before i had any issues, it's performed well, but i have no clue where to start with this

worst comes to worst i could buy a new motherboard for it but i'd rather not

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Cooling Fan Registered

@yukaira Are you getting ANY power to the printer? is the LCD Screen activating? Any Fans running?

If one of above check Plug Fuse, check power socket in wall is live and able to power other electrical items (Light etc).

Check fuse next to the on/off printer switch?

Check The actual 'Rocker' power switch, make sure you can hear a positive click. Some of these printers where shipped with a very bad switch that failed due to poor quality if the metal spring contact behind the switch. If this is the issue, you will need to replace this switch.

If you are getting power to the printer and can see the LCD screen starting up, please explain what you can see and can you do anything by pressing any of the screen icons.

PICTURES PAINT A 1000 WORDS!!

Help us to help you!

This post was modified 2 months ago by Wasp056

ReplyQuote
Yukaira
(@yukaira)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@wasp056 Apologies on the lack of detail, it does start up and has power, but it gets stuck at the creality loading screen (im away from my printer at the moment) and the loading bar dosent progress regardless of what is on the sd card, be it flashing .bins for the printer or anything, it wont start up at all, but it does power on

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Cooling Fan Registered

OK no worries.

Need to go over a few things that you may have already tried, so don't get frustrated if you have done them all, just trying to get to a point where we can establish if you need to warranty claim on it for a new MoBo.

Have you flashed this machine at all since it came from the Factory?

If so what FW (Firmware) did you put on it?

Did you flash the screen as well?

If yes, are you using the same SD card as you used to flash?

Is SD card formatted correctly ( Fat32 at 4096K), and is UNDER 8Gb in total size?

Have you tried another SD Card? (Even though an SD Card reads fine in Windows/Mac these printers are extremely fussy about SD Cards).

Enough questions for now, let us know how you get on with the above.

Only 2 courses of action i can see from here depending on your answers.

1. re-flash FW with different FW (Community based FW as Creality's own FW sucks big style)

2. Your MoBo is dead and you need to contact Creality for warranty replacement, which will be long and painful as they will try to get you to do everything you have already done, provide video evidence, give blood, supply sperm and jump off a high building and land on your pinkies, then they may just decide to send you a new MoBo.......... Or you can by the excellent BigTreeTech SKR replacement board.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
Yukaira
(@yukaira)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@wasp056

No, i haven't flashed the firmware at all, ive been using the same SD card that came with the printer (8gb fat32) I have not flashed the screen,i haven't tried other SD cards, as i dont have any smaller than 8gb

Where could i find some community firmware? 

i have attempted to reflash with creality v1.0.2, but it seems to have no effect, getting stuck on the same screen

ReplyQuote
Wasp056
(@wasp056)
Cooling Fan Registered

https://github.com/CR6Community/Marlin/releases/tag/v2.0.7.3-cr6-community-release-5-beta

Linky thing for the Stable version 5. Ver 6 is still being tested.

Find out what version of MoBo you have, then select the FW for your correct MoBo.

I would honestly try another SD Card, Must be under 8Gb, formatted to 4096 sectors with Fat32.

If this don't work, then you will need to make the decision either to open a warranty replacement dialogue with Creality (Good Luck with that....'Patience Young Skywalker' or

Buy a replacement MoBo, with no guarantee that it actually is a problem, There are other things you can try but from the content of your post's so far, i am guessing (Rightly or Wrongly) that you are not a 'Techy' type person, so i really don't want to tell you to try these, as they are not something easiliy explained over Threads like this, besides, doing anytype of 'Tinkering' like this would almost certainly invalidate your warranty with Creality, and you may then ens up with an expensive door stop and Creality refusing to help you.

So doing what i have suggested at the top of this post to you will be OK, but to be on the safe side of warranty fussy companies, i would go the new SD card route, and try flashing Creality's own FW first, after all if you can't flash Crealitys FW, you are not going to get the community FW to go on either.

Good luck mate, and let me know how you get on, be firm with Creality, but Polite as they have a  habit of ignoring rude people, (Must admit so do I, no one likes rudeness), but be firm and fair and hopefully they will respond the same way.

Rgds and Breath deeply.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up