Notifications
Clear all

Bed not level in 1 corner only

hazzaps
(@hazzaps)
Screw Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All,

Need some help with my printer. It appears to be un level in 1 corner in particular.

I've done a paper test and the drag on the top right corner is much higher than the rest (although the entire right side 1cm isn't great)

So far I've re levelled a couple of times, cleaned the bed plate, taken the glass plate up and tightened screws underneath and made sure there was no debris, but still the issue persists.

Can anyone help with this please?

ReplyQuote
Pangolin-Pup
(@amptroll)
Screw Registered

Hello,

If I may ask a question:

In the corner with the problem, is the leveling wheel and thus the bolt bottomed out so to speak, trying to bring the bed away from the nozzle to increase the clearance in that corner?  As in the wheel being fully cw and tight with the spring completely compressed and "stacked" so to speak, thus you can turn the wheel cw anymore to retract the plate away from nozzle in that corner.  Is it the left back corner if you are facing machine from front.  What model printer?

I may be able to help.

Rob

Rob

CYT liked
ReplyQuote
Aedin78
(@aedin78)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @amptroll

Hello,

If I may ask a question:

In the corner with the problem, is the leveling wheel and thus the bolt bottomed out so to speak, trying to bring the bed away from the nozzle to increase the clearance in that corner?  As in the wheel being fully cw and tight with the spring completely compressed and "stacked" so to speak, thus you can turn the wheel cw anymore to retract the plate away from nozzle in that corner.  Is it the left back corner if you are facing machine from front.  What model printer?

I may be able to help.

Rob

Hey Rob,

I have the 2017 model of the CR-10, and yes, I am having this issue with the back left corner where the power cables connects to the build plate.  I am as tight as I can go, but am still getting way too much drag from that corner when attempting to level the bed.

Any suggestions you may have on this would be appreciated!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@hazzaps @aedin78 If there is only one corner can not be adjusted well. Try to take off the build plate and you will see the screws as attached picture shown. Try to tighten these screws. Especially CR6 SE, as there is no rotary knob under the hotbed, the hotbed is locked by isolation post and screws. 

If it does not work, you can also disassemble the isolation post and screws under the hotbed to check if the one in that corner is higher than the others a little.

ReplyQuote
Aedin78
(@aedin78)
Nozzle Registered

@kevin thanks for the reply.  I will check that when I get home from work in a few hours 🙂

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up