Auto Leveling and L...

Notifications
Clear all

Auto Leveling and Language Issues

inkstainedbrush
(@inkstainedbrush)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

This is my first 3D printer, and I am running into some serious frustration trying to get this set up.

The first, and biggest problem I am having is with the auto leveling. When pressing the auto level feature, the print head lowers and points to the front-left corner, then proceeds to the middle of the bed, where it then burrows the extruder into the bed until I cut the power. It has already dug a hole in the bed.

In troubleshooting, I have replaced the "self leveling kit" with the one that was separately included in the box, thinking that may be the issue. Nothing changed. Then I attempted to update the printer to the following updates:

v2.0.1.3 - no English language option available on screen

v2.0.1.2 - no English language option available on screen

v1.0.3.6 - Shows English, no solving the leveling issue.

I took video of the leveling process, and pics of the mobo (Creality 3D V4.5.2 2020-5-23), if those might help, but I'm having trouble attaching them to this post.

Can anyone help?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@inkstainedbrush Is it your new CR-6SE? Have you checked your cable connection? Your Z-axis is not working well. The print head does not know where it should stop when leveling. Have you checked the photoelectric switch wire? I strongly recommend you check your wire connection on Page 6 of the user manual carefully.

ReplyQuote
inkstainedbrush
(@inkstainedbrush)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Yes, this is a brand new CR-6SE, just out of the box for the first time. Thank you for the advice. I think you might be on to something. I checked the photoelectric switch wire as you recommended, and there's a red light that goes on as soon as the power switch is turned on. I'm assuming that light should not be on if things are working correctly?

What is the best solution for this?

Thanks again for your help!

-Keith

ReplyQuote
inkstainedbrush
(@inkstainedbrush)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Nevermind - I replaced the photoelectric switch module with one that came in the box, but the light is still on, so maybe it's supposed to be like that? I did notice that the tip burrows into the glass when I auto-home the machine, as well as auto-level. It sounds like there is something wrong with the z-axis.

Any other suggestions?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@inkstainedbrush Hi Keith. Yes, the photoelectric switch should be on, until the black metal baffle goes down and blocks the light. I am curious that if the z-axis did not stop when the light is blocked, then how far the Z will go. Can you take your build plate away and check again? will the nozzle burrow the platform? 

ReplyQuote