Notifications
Clear all

cr10s pro v2 y-axis has hard stops!??!?!

noonie
(@noonie)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

hi there, I got my new cr10s pro v2 and trying to set it up, if I go into settings and hit home, the print head moves to the left, hits the trigger and then the bed moves on the y axis, but as the bed moves it locks into place and the motors make a damn horrible noise.  I disabled the motors and tried moving the bed (y-axis) and it has hard stops in it every 10cm or so. I tried moving the motor position for less belt tension but no difference.  there are no indentations on the support rails that would indicate hards stops, so i'm assuming it's an issue with the motor.  i've uploaded a video showing what I mean here;

this is my first printer but I'm definitely not a tech numpty.

please help.

thanks,

dan.

ReplyQuote
casperwt
(@casperwt)
New Member Registered

@noonie did you ever figure anything out with this? im having the excat same issue. i just got my printer yesterday

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@casperwt Could you please share a video?

ReplyQuote
casperwt
(@casperwt)
New Member Registered

ReplyQuote
Ray3D
(@ray3d)
New Member Registered

My Printer does exactly the same. Is this normal?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@casperwt @ray3d Hi friend. Please take the belt off and check if the belt is fine. Then check whether there is an abnormal connection between the belt and motor synchronous wheel.

If everything is fine, then it's almost certain that the Y motor itself got something wrong, need to replace it.

ReplyQuote