Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cr10s pro - nozzle crashing into the bed when z-homing

Spookyfae
(@spookyfae)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi! I’ve seen some similar posts but haven’t been able to find exactly what I need. Recently when I tried to start a new print on my cr 10s pro, my nozzle just crashes into the bed. It’s been doing it on and off when I press z home, but not every time. I have the factory sensor on it, the LED will light up red once it senses the bed, but it doesn’t stop, it just keeps pushing down and will damage the bed. 

I don’t have much repair experience for this machine (it’s always printed great since I got it) so I’m not even sure how to install a new sensor. I’ve heard “flashing tiny machines” can help it which I only half understand.

Any advice? I am really hoping it can be fixed 🙁 

Much appreciated!! 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Chette
(@chette)
New Member Registered

@spookyfae You need a new BL sensor

ReplyQuote
AntZ
 AntZ
(@antz)
New Member Registered

This happened a couple times before, out of the blue. Now it keeps happening! Is this caused by a bad sensor? Mine sees the bed, but just keeps driving it down into the bed. I'm trying to solve this now...

ReplyQuote
Wheelturns
(@wheelturns)
New Member Registered

I know this post is older but some may be still looking this up...

I've seen people send the equipment back for this or give up... keep reading...

Solution: DON'T USE THE PRINTER PROGRAM TO LEVEL YOUR BED! Period. All you have to do is turn off the machine.

Next, turn all the adjusters until the table is as low as it will go. Note: Rotate the wheels counter-clockwise as you look down on them to lower.

Next position the bed manually by pushing it back until the head is over the front edge of the bed. Also, position the head either to the far left or far right, either side will work fine.

Next, manually push the head down onto a business card or some paper that is thicker than a normal sheet of paper. Don't force it down hard, just push down on the head until it comes lightly onto the "business card". It's best to aim for the edge of the card so it's easy to remove.

Next, remove the business card.

Now the nozzle is just a little off the bed on one of the front corners.

Place a sheet of paper between the nozzle and the bed. Adjust that front corner wheel (clockwise as, as you look down at it) until the paper just touches and there will be a little friction between the paper and the nozzle.

Next move the head and table until you can do the same step as above on all for corners.

Next repeat moving table and head around manually until all four corners are the right height.

Finally, check the middle. If it's too low, slightly raise the four corners until the middle is slightly tight and the corners have the same "looseness".

Then turn the printer on and load your G-code. You are good with leveling without the software "helping" you. Simple.

ReplyQuote
Wheelturns
(@wheelturns)
New Member Registered

I forgot to mention: After setting the printer bed level... when you load your G-code and hit "print", click on the button that says "adjust".  You have a "Z" alignment there so if the nozzle is printing in the air like mine did, adjust the Z setting negative and the nozzle will come down accordingly. You can leave the adjustment screen open and change real time... you don't have to stop your print over and over, just be quick with the Z alignment at the start and pay close attention to the extrusion hitting the bed.  If it's high, click -Z until it comes down while you are watching it.  This way you might get lucky and not have to reprint.  Make it stick the first time.  Happy printing!

ReplyQuote