Forum

Notifications
Clear all

CR10S Pro: Getting Probe Error on fourth measurement before print

knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

The printer has been working great for a while now but yesturday it started acting up.  

Before each print it does a 16 point measurment to level the bed, it gets the first 3 measurements with no problem, but when it goes to get the fourth, it tries to bury itself into the bed, and ends up spitting out an error message saying something about the measurement variation is too big > 3mm.  (which it isn't) the bed and z-bar has both been leveled and calibrated using a digital caliper set.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@knightwolf313 Have you noted that when it goes to the fourth point, did the probe eject out?

ReplyQuote
knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin I am not sure what you mean by eject out.  The probe gave the red light indicating that it sensed the build plate.  I believe that it is a capacitive sensor.

We have three of these printers and this is the only one that is behaving this way. It was printing beautifully until it failed the 4th measure step at the start of the print.  (it also fails this step if you tell it to measure on the leveling menu on the screen.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@knightwolf313  It is the process of BL-touch self-checking when you turn on the printer. The probe will stretch back and forth 2 times.

ReplyQuote
knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin When I turn on the printer, there is no movement, the printer just powers up and powers up the display.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@knightwolf313 It's been a bit long. I read the first post again, and think your BL-touch's probe has a jam, that's why there is a failure.

ReplyQuote
knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin ok, thanks I will look into the jam.  Though the red LED does come on when it senses the build plate.  It just keep going down instead of stopping. I have tried unplugging the sensor and re-seating the plug.  I'm considering ordering a new sensor.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@knightwolf313 Good luck. It may be a problem with BL-touch, or it may be a problem with the wiring.

ReplyQuote
knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin I'm just confused that the sensor detects the bed all the times that it should, but the printer continues to lower the nozzle after the sensor turns red on the fourth measurement.  It works the first three times as expected but instead of stopping when the sensor sees the bed it keeps going on the fourth point.

ReplyQuote
knightwolf313
(@knightwolf313)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I swapped out the inductive sensor with another one that I knew worked and then the printer worked again. So I guess its time to buy a new sensor.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@knightwolf313 Great job!

ReplyQuote