what firmware to fl...

Notifications
Clear all

what firmware to flash to get Bl touch working?

Page 1 / 2

apku04
(@apku04)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, 

i have a CR10, and want to use BL touch for auto levling. 

However, as i understand then I first need to firmware upgrade the CR10 first. 

Here I get totally confused, what firmware shall i use? 

I can se multiple folders here:

e.g. Do i need to have a bootloader in the CR-10 before flashing it with CR-10_1.1.6V_BLTouch-Firmware ? or can i just flash it directly ?

some aorund are telling where they failed to get thier 3dprinter working (showing only blue screen) after flashing this folder, and some suggesting to have both the v3+thebltoch firm ware

Shall I flash first the v3 and then the bl firmware ? ...and were can i find this v3 firmware ?

This topic was modified 6 months ago 2 times by apku04

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

In order to install a BL touch on your printer, You need to do:

1. get a BL touch kit, like this

2. If the firmware has a BL touch word in its name, then you can use it.  

No need to flash the bootloader.

V3 refers to the BL touch version. 

ReplyQuote
apku04
(@apku04)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks you for your comment, I have the kit. However, when I try to connect to the printer via creality slicer (pronterface ui) with the correct com-port, it says "failed to connect to the machine" it is there for I thought I need to flash a bootloader before I can flash the BL-Touch. Any idea why the UI cant connect to the machine ( 99.96% sure that I am using the correct comport 🙂 ) 

Also I followed the video guide on the link you posted to it fullest, dont know what I am doing wrong

Note: I have the V1 version of the creality cr-10

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@apku04 check out this video. I think for cr10, we need an ISP cable to connect a PC and use a software called progisp, as shown in the video.

ReplyQuote
apku04
(@apku04)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

great thanks I have now successfully flashed the firmware. However, I have now another problem.

When I select Bed-levling option then the BL-Touch begins the leveling as expected, but afte it have done the final measurement it continue moving to the top and the y axis also goes completely nuts. 

This also happens when i try to do a normal print. It is if the starting position is messed up. 

I have recorded this on video :

Do you have any suggestion? have you experienced this before?  

ReplyQuote
Borg1971
(@borg1971)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @apku04

great thanks I have now successfully flashed the firmware. However, I have now another problem.

When I select Bed-levling option then the BL-Touch begins the leveling as expected, but afte it have done the final measurement it continue moving to the top and the y axis also goes completely nuts. 

This also happens when i try to do a normal print. It is if the starting position is messed up. 

I have recorded this on video :

Do you have any suggestion? have you experienced this before?  

I've a CR-10 and I used the same procedure to flash for BLTouch, and obtaining the same issue. After auto bed leveling the printer start to raise Z axis to the top (crashing to the top of the frame).

clayfulk liked
ReplyQuote
bobster22388
(@bobster22388)
Screw Registered

I am having the same issue after installing BLtouch on CR10 v2. Auto home works fine. Bed leveling working fine. But when going to adjust the Z offset. Go in to Move Z axis 0.1mm down and the printer will continue going down into the bed until I turn it off. No way to adjust the Z offset.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@apku04 thanks for the video. This issue mostly occurs when the wrong firmware is loaded. on the download page

you can find several firmware with bl touch. They are different. You need to find your bl touch version first( it shows on a label of your bl touch) and download the corresponding firmware.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@bobster22388 I have to say everyone may face different BL touch issues here. I wish this video could help. Or you could check my other comment to download a different firmware. 

ReplyQuote
degezx
(@degezx)
Heating Block Registered

hey idk if u are still interested but i sorted this out, creality official firmware isnt the best, i installed some custom firmware and its running great for days now, i also posted about this on the forum 🙂

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@degezx  do you mind share the custom firmware link? I'll like more users to know.

ReplyQuote
degezx
(@degezx)
Heating Block Registered

@eli-liu sure thing!

got it from

as i was looking for a .hex file since i dont have an arduino and couldnt make my own, is the one called "Cr10_bltouch.sanguino Marlin 2.xx", only issue is that the "move axis" part doesnt allow negative values for the Z axis, so offset has to be tested a little more, not a big issue tho since you have to do it only once

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote
Immaculato
(@immaculato)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu can you please post the firmware for the cr10mini with bltouch and resume? The firmware is posted for cr10 but not mini. (I have version 3 of BL Sensor and my main board to the printer is v 1.1.6)

This post was modified 5 months ago by Immaculato

ReplyQuote
kingblackfox
(@kingblackfox)
Nozzle Registered

@degezx

Do you know which BLTouch you used? (Should be indicated on it)

I have got a CR-10 and a BLTouch SMART V3.1 and couldn't get it to work.

Had the same problems previously described with the original Creality Software mentioned above.

After the Auto-leveling with addressing the nine points on the bed it just goes up the z-axis all the way, until I have to do an emergeny shut-down.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem!

Greetings

ReplyQuote
degezx
(@degezx)
Heating Block Registered

@kingblackfox

the one i used was the Cr10_bltouch.sanguino Marlin 2.xx, it is still working wonders, actually im printing as i type haha, happy printing!

is the only cr-10 firmware on the list tho

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by degezx

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up