Notifications
Clear all

creality cr 10 v3 control box too noisy because of noisy fans

artsiha
(@artsiha)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

hello,

I have creality cr 10 v3 brand new 3d printer and I'm very unsatisfied because those control box

fans are too noisy ...

... what is the best way to change then  better ones  ... I mean less noisy ones ? (maybe noctua fans ?)

... is there any good information  to do so ?

I'll be happy if someone in this forum can help me  !

friendly regards

-arto-   from Finland Europe

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@artsiha The Creality original fans are always noisy, the best you can do is that disassemble the fan and put some grease on the bearing. Using Noctua fan is a good idea. The always open fan is 24V voltage, just connect the cable on the mainboard it will work. Super easy.

ReplyQuote
artsiha
(@artsiha)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin thank you for your answer...

so if I use noctua 12V fan Ihave to assemble series resistor tö get 12V fan to work with 24V voltage?

<The always open fan is 24V voltage, just connect the cable on the mainboard it will work. Super easy.>  what this means ?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@artsiha Almost all of the Creality mainboard requires 24V for the fan. So if you can not find a 24V Noctua fan, you may need this for the 12V Noctua fan:

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by kevin

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

I believe translation error, the key mistake here is "open".  I think he mean "on"... The "always-on" fan...

<The always open fan is 24V voltage, just connect the cable on the mainboard it will work. Super easy.>  what this means ?

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@nice 🤣 Got it!

ReplyQuote
artsiha
(@artsiha)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

is it  OK to connect 2  noctua  12 V fans in series for  two always on fans inside the control box ?

(because those original fans are 24 V)

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@artsiha Two 12V fans for series processing, and then connect to the 24V power supply. According to the series circuit, the voltage to each fan is 12V, it is ok in theory. 🤔 Go ahead have a try.

ReplyQuote
artsiha
(@artsiha)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

ok thank you for your answer ...

I suppose those two fans in serial must be same power, if not another fan gets more voltage than other one ?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@artsiha  Theoretically, it's 1/2 of the whole voltage for each one it doesn't matter if it's a little different because the gap will be too big.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up