CR10 V3 - NOTHING s...

Notifications
Clear all

CR10 V3 - NOTHING sticks to bed

ThomasZ
(@thomasz)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I am new to 3D printing. I was under the impression that it has become somewhat mature - boy how I was wrong.

Upon delivery the printers nozzle was clogged with some yellowish material - Quality Control?

at least I could clean the nozzle.

Also the included white PLA is junk quality, it breaks into parts from alone.

Now my continued problem:

No matter what I do, neither PLA nor PETG does stick to that "special" glass bed.

I preheat 30 minutes, cleaned with IPA and Aceton - no stick.

Levelling is done 30mm from all edges using a 0.05mm metal foil (engine maintanance).

The plastic just comes out of the nozzle without staying on the plate.

The only cure so far is to use 3M photo glue spray on the glass, then PLA sticks. But I was under the impression that the glass was specially created to NOT need that ??

I am REALLY disappointed from the machen and from Creality.

br, Thomas

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@thomasz Hi, Thomas. Did you level your bed perfectly? See the Video below may help you address your issue.

ReplyQuote
ThomasZ
(@thomasz)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I did level uncountable times.

That glass plate just does not hold the filament. It is utter JUNK.

Thomas

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

Elmer glue stick is your good friend.  Apply a layer or 2 helps a lot.

I agree that the glass was build for not needing any reinforcement, but that would take some practice.  Right now I can print on the glass without anything even with ABS material.

I also suggest to try live leveling.  Adjust bed level while printing, if it doesn't stick.. make it closer until it does.

ReplyQuote
tskgpage
(@tskgpage)
Active Member Registered

@thomasz Hi Thomasz.  I use Elmer's Purple Glue Stick or Magigoo on my glass plate for prints to stick and I haven't had any problems.  I just make sure the glass plate is clean before I use one of the two.  Use a glass cleaner for this.  Once it is clean, put the glass back in place and use the glue or Magigoo in the area where you know the print is going to be. 

ReplyQuote
Mikey369M
(@mikey369m)
New Member Registered

I'm a newbie too but an old timer suggested AquaNet vs. glue. Works great. 

Take the glass plate off the bed and clean it on both sides with Rubbing Alcohol (ideally as close to 100% as possible for no residue). I used 70% and it was fine.

Spray the print side of the glass outside (spray goes everywhere and you don't want it all over your printer.)

Let it dry completely, about 5 minutes.

Clip glass back on and you should be ready to go.

That "maker" told me if it didn't stick to AquaNet he didn't know what it would stick to...

Hope that helps you - works great for me

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Honorable Member Admin

@mikey369m Will the AquaNet vs. glue easy to clean up after printing?

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up