Cr10 V3 BL Touch Fi...

Notifications
Clear all

Cr10 V3 BL Touch Firmware Brick

aignaciodc
(@aignaciodc)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I got the sensor, put it on, got all excited to set it up before learning that getting the firmware onto my CR is virtually impossible (for me) and I now have a brick I can't use.

I don't have a PC (only mac). Mom has a PC, but I can't get Cura to open on it. Won't work at all. So can't directly flash. The only firmware file I can find on the Creality site is a .hex file - apparently I could easily update the firmware with a .bin file from the SD card, but it doesn't exist? The suggestions people make all sound ridiculously convoluted and time consuming and expensive... Marlin? Octoprint?  I use Astroprint, which is a cura slicer, but can't find ANYTHING on their site about installing firmware. 

I finally found all the deleted files from my SD card and put them back on it. Hopefully I got everything, and I'll have to disconnect the BL and manually level again just to get my work done, because I can't just sit and *look* at it from now on.

Why does it have to be so complicated?! Does anyone have anything that already exists that can just be downloaded to my SD card and installed direction without all this rigamarole? 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by aignaciodc

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@aignaciodc CR10 v3 firmware flashing can not be used SD card. You need to get a PC.

ReplyQuote
PhunXter
(@phunxter)
Active Member Registered

It's as easy to reflash the BL-Touch firmware using a Mac as it is a PC, different software i agree

btw heres a better version of the firmware than the Creality one

Tiny Machines 3D's firmware is so much easier too use than Crealitys. The CR10 V2 & V3 are the same firmware, click the link below and then download zip file.. follow the Youtube video that Kevin posted above to install it....

CR10V2_BLT_DW7.3.hex.zip

This post was modified 2 months ago by PhunXter

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@phunxter 👍 👍 Thanks for sharing ideas.

ReplyQuote