Notifications
Clear all

CR10 V2 TF Card

druiz2705
(@druiz2705)
Screw Registered
Topic starter  

I'm having trouble getting my CR-10 V2 printer to recognize my TF card. Wondering if anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve the issue. 

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

1. Make sure the card is smaller than 32GB

2. save the files to a PC and format the card. (Restore device defaults).

2. Try an old TF card to do a comparison.

let me know how it goes.

ReplyQuote
bmayzer
(@bmayzer)
Nozzle Registered

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Is there anything special about the card? The card that came with the printer is the full size card, not the micro card so I cant use it. What has to be on the card? Can it be formatted but with no files on it?

ReplyQuote
tq212001
(@tq212001)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu having same issue, to amend, printer recognizes TF card but no prints are shown on card, it will display folders but not individual prints

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@bmayzer if you get the wrong card for your printer, you can ask the seller for a replacement. Well, normally, a standard sd/tf card(8GB,) will work on printers. All you need on the card is gcode files of your sliced models.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@tq212001 you need to put the gcode files under the root of the card. The printer will not read files in any folder!!

ReplyQuote
tq212001
(@tq212001)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu I've tried both and no luck, when it did work I could not get gcode files to print successfully, I don't know what that problem is either. But one thing at a time.

ReplyQuote
bmayzer
(@bmayzer)
Nozzle Registered

I took a newly formatted card, added one known good G-Code file to the root. I inserted the card in the box with nothing plugged into it. I plugged the power cable in to the box and did a reset of the box. I connected the USB-Printer cable in.

The TF light is off, Config Net light is Green, Ethernet Cond is off, WiFi Working is blinking orange.

App is connected to box wifi. I've given permission to use Cellular data during the process. I've never got a wifi connection.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@tq212001 Also, the name of the gcode file should be a few words or the printer will not read it. Try to print the attached file and see how it goes.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@bmayzer you are talking about the wifi box, which is totally different from the normal printing process. 

For more details.

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/creality-wifi-box/

ReplyQuote
tq212001
(@tq212001)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu trying the gcode file now, will let you know how it goes, still having problems with the stl files not showing up, like the originals that came with the printer

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@tq212001 just found I can't upload .gcode here. Did you print anything successfully? 

ReplyQuote
tq212001
(@tq212001)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu still unable to print successfully

ReplyQuote
aaliankhan
(@aaliankhan)
Screw Registered

I was having the same problem. 

I connected the printer to my laptop and opened an application called pronterface. It is used to send gcode commands to the printer. I put the TF card inside and sent an M21 command https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M021.html and it worked.

I don't know yet if I need to do this every time I reinsert the TF card 

This also might be helpful
https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M022.html

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by aaliankhan

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up