CR10-V2 - Invisible layers & Spaghetti problems
I have been using this rinter for approx 12 months and things generally are going great.
A few days ago after a "blob-of-death" catastrophe i changed the nozzle for a new one and replaced the bowden tube/fittings while i was at it.. Now, Even though im using the same gcode files i've been using for months things have changed, also tried reslicing but with the same issues, EVERY print i now try is laying down the bottom 3 layers perfectly, then when the side walls and infill begin to print, either, Invisibly or they just turn to birds nest spaghetti. I have levelled the bed, tried running from the SD card instead of via Octoprint, used old and new gcode, but the same problem persists, 3 layers print then spaghetti. I've also checked the Z steppers, Extruder etc they're all fine.
I just cannot work this out, the printer worked fine a few days ago, then just decided not to comply anymore. Most 3D printing problems i can usually resolve, this one has got me stumped
H E L P !!
@phunxter Tough and strange issue. But please calm down and then analyze.
The printer worked fine a few days ago, so what changes have you made. Try to find the reason from there. It should be an extruder issue. Can extruder work correctly when you control it on screen? Have you recalibrated it?
I haven't changed any settings or parts or recalibrated anything, also, same gcode that ive been using for months. Extruder works fine, the base layers are printed perfectly normal, The problem only arises when the side walls and infill ae being printed, they don't stick to the base layers. My temperatures are fine i have tested with a digital temp gun. I don;t know what else it could be, the only thing i can think of is a m/board problem, but then again why would the first 3 layers print ok?
I have flashed the printer with Tiny Machines V6.2 firmware, to see if this rectified the problem.... Erm NO ! it didn't (see new pic) Exactly the same problem, even with a different gcode file and different PLA too.. Im lost for an answer 🤔
SOLVED IT !! Well, on my machine anyways. It took 5 weeks of trial and lots of error.... and i backtracked the changes i had made since it last printed ok. It was the bowden tube, i had bought a 2mm (ID) x 4mm (OD) Tube, i measured the internal diameter and guess what.. It was more like 1.88mm, so filament of 1.75mm didnt have any free movement, especially whan the bowden tube is curved for 99% of its printing existence.
As i say, this was the issue with my machine, it could be different with yours
@phunxter !!!!! Can not believe that! Just measured mine, it is 1.94-2.01mm (ID). I thought the tube is standard.