CR-10S v.2.2 board ...

Notifications
Clear all

CR-10S v.2.2 board with BL Touch 3.1 --- Need help.

smtackett13
(@smtackett13)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Fun times...

Just started with 3d printing (love it) and wanted to make life easier by getting the BL Touch sensor, to help with leveling issues.  Low and behold, I have the 10S with the v2.2 board in it and was sent the BL Touch sensor v3.1... which apparently doesn't like Creality (namely CR-10S) devices.  

Have applied several types of firmware but non seem to get the sensor to respond properly.  Looking for any direction anyone could give.  I have looked into editing the base Marlin firmware but, honestly, it has been too many years since I worked in any sort of code and I figure that others have had to deal with this same issue. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@smtackett13 Hi bro. I would like to help you but soory for that I did not get your point, what is your trouble?

ReplyQuote
smtackett13
(@smtackett13)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

My CR-10S, with a v2.2 board, does not recognize the signal from the BL Touch 3.1 sensor.  I have tried the current firmware, but it does not help. 

ReplyQuote
tskgpage
(@tskgpage)
Nozzle Registered

Hi @smtackett13.  I also have BLTouch V3.1 and my board is a V2.2.  I don't know if this will help but I have a CR-10 S4 and I loaded my firmware from my PC to the Printer with the USB cable using the Creality Slicer software.  I went to the download page and found my printer to download my firmware (

and I also had help from another member to get mine working as Marlin is new to me. 

My big issue was when I plugged the USB cable into the PC, the PC didn't recognize the 3D printer and in my Device Manager settings, it showed "Other devices - FT232R USB UART".  I had to download the driver so Windows would recognize the 3D printer.  This would add the COM port and I could upload the firmware to the printer.

I hope this helps in some way.

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@smtackett13 Have you installed the BL Touch correctly? Normally, it will works if you install it in the right way and flashed the right firmware.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up