CR-10 V2 Freezes wh...

Notifications
Clear all

CR-10 V2 Freezes when initiating a print (LONG POST)

btesney
(@btesney)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. As the title says, I've been having issues getting my brand new cr10-v2 to even print, so I'll start from the top. Initially, the machine would not detect the SD card that came with the package. This was solved pretty easily by using one of my own SD cards on hand; and now comes the mind boggling part. Let me preface this with the fact that I am able to move the nozzle manually by its x, y, and z axes, to auto home the nozzle, and to preheat both the bed and the nozzle prior to printing. Whenever I choose a file to print (in this case, the dog, cat, or pig.gcode files), the nozzle begins to preheat to it's printing temperature, but as soon as it does , the entire machine freezes. The screen freezes and stays frozen, leaving me unable to further operate the machine which leaves me no choice to shut the whole thing every time. One thing I noted is that the bed and nozzle stay heated even though everything is frozen. I've have been back and forth with the Sainsmart support team (the website I ordered it from), and they have sent me both a replacement LCD and motherboard. Despite swapping out these components, the printer still behaves the same way as before, freezing up permanently. They sent me a new .gcode file to try and print, and I even tried different files from other websites, but to no avail. I'm trying to install the Creality slicer software to do a firmware flash, but it's been a nightmare for me as my computer won't recognize the driver software of the console, and I can't make heads or tails of Creality's instructions. I am at wit's end and beyond frustrated with everything that's happened, and while I am ready to pack up and return this printer, I wanted to reach out to this forum as a last resort. Sorry for the super long post, but if anyone has had this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This topic was modified 4 months ago by btesney

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

surprised that you have the same problem even after you replaced the new board and screen. I opened one Cr 10s pro printer days ago and had a similar problem to yours, the printer didn't read the new card. I used my old card and at the beginning, the printer just stays there when the preheating done after I chose a file to print. I restarted the printer couple of times and finally, it started to print.

In your case, it feels like the mainboard has difficulty processing the code from the card(don't know why yet). What you can try here is

1. format the sd card(FAT32) and put a small gcode(195c for the nozzle, 50c for the bed) to print. 

2. to flash the firmware, you need to get the printer connected to a pc. Hopefully, this guy can help you

ReplyQuote
btesney
(@btesney)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Just tried this. Unfortunately, my computer won't recognize the printer, which in turn the Arduino software can't communicate with the printer. I can't make heads or tails on how to make this work. I appreciate your help on this, but I'm just going to return this printer

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up