Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bed leveling issue

TheBaron
(@thebaron)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I've only had the CR10S Pro V2 for a month or so. Still learning all the finer details.

I am attempting to manually level and I can get everything leveled except for the back left. When I attempt to level the back left, the wheel falls off the post before the bed reaches the sheet of paper.

I actually removed the bed and verified that it's completely flat and not warped. Any suggestions for a fix?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@thebaron Could you share a picture or video for this case? I am sorry that I did not get your point.

ReplyQuote
TheBaron
(@thebaron)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Sorry for not explaining better. I'm attaching a photo.

Okay, so I am trying to level the bed. I can level all parts of the bed except the back left. When I attempt to level the back left by turning the knob clockwise, it actually comes off before the bed reaches a leveled position.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@thebaron Do you know there is also a crew that you can adjust? Try to loosen them and see if it works?

ReplyQuote
Barticus
(@barticus)
New Member Registered

@thebaron, Before making any changes, make sure your printer is on a flat, sturdy surface. An uneven surface can cause the bed to flex and not be flat.

Question: when the knob is on the bolt, just before it falls off, can you push the knob up and does the bed move? If so, you can try adding a spacer between the spring and the bed frame. Or replacing the spring with a longer one. If the bolt is too short to allow the bed to go higher, you *could* replace the bolt and spring with a longer ones.

Adding a glass or metal layer to your bed would also eliminate your problem. 

Another item to check is the Z axis limit switch. If you can lower or adjust the switch enough, it may solve your problem.  

Software solutions for your situation are to set a Z offset or update your firmware to use mesh bed leveling. Most people use the software solutions.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@thebaron Please check if the other 3 springs are stronger than the back left one, you can replace the spring with the front left one to find out. Will the same problem will happen on the front left one after you replaced the location between the back left and front left.

Where is your Z-axis stopper? If your Z-axis stopper is too high,then the Z=0 location that the printer thinks will be higher, so you have to raise your bed, So I recommend you check if the other 3 corner is too high. 

ReplyQuote