Clear all

Unable to change Auto home

Unmei Jumper
Registered
Topic starter
(@unmei-jumper)
Nozzle

Hi there,

I have put the Hero Me Gen 5 on my Ender 3 V2. I am also using Marlin Firmware complied from this site:

The instructions from the Hero Me Gen 5 said "You will need to set your printer’s Home offset (not to be confused with the ABL sensor firmware offset). The Gantry Adapters for the hotends move the nozzle forward -9mm from the original position. So my nozzle is set 9mm forward from stock position and hanging off the front of the work plate. So my question is:

1) How do I do that? I've tried connecting my Printer to the USB (the USB cable came from my phone) on my Mac and used Pronterface to get the attached file. The printer responds to the Pronterface UI and I've tried the M206 Y9 and then the M500. But head moves but goes back to the same place. 
2) Is my printable space 9mm smaller now? How do I tell my printer that the middle is not where it used to be? When I imput the following command, G1 X117.5 Y117.5 Z10 (which I believe should be the middle of the bed), the nozzle ends up 124mm from the front, 109mm front the back, 121mm from the left and 113mm from the right.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks!
3 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Stepper Motor

I was under the impression that M206 would do this - however maybe I'm wrong with that functionality...

A very quick and dirty workaround would be to use the following at the very beginning of your slicer start gcode:

G28
G1 X0 Y0
G92 Y-9

This will set the correct offset for that print - but will reset on every home move...

2 Replies
Unmei Jumper
Registered
(@unmei-jumper)

Nozzle

@marlin-firmware-service Thanks for your support. Here are my findings that might help you help others too.

As this was my first time fiddling with code and Pronterface, I thought that the nozzle's home position would change after doing the M206. Which it didn't. It seems that Eli liu (another Admin here) was right about the home position being physically limited by the limit switches.

I suspect the USB cord I was connecting my printer to (one from a recharger) may have caused some unreliable connections. But hey, it worked on and off from one of my computer's USB ports after trying a couple. I will probably buy a proper one soon.

M206 X3 Y-5 proved to work after I printed some practice squares to more clearly measure the middle printable area. M206 X3 Y-5 seems to be the true middle with the left and back sides unable to print less than approx 4mm from edge.

Thanks again for your quick reply too!

Unmei Jumper
Registered
(@unmei-jumper)

Nozzle

I've been playing with the centre a bit more. I don't know why but X0 worked too to make it centre...

Scroll Up