Tuning E steps issu...

Notifications
Clear all

Tuning E steps issue and firmware issue

Page 2 / 2

Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Stepper Motor

Ah - I just loaded 20210114 and can duplicate the scrolling issue. I'll see if I can get a bug report put together on this.

In the meantime, I know 20210108 does not have this issue - as this is what I tested with.

On further investigation - it seems this was broken in 20210113 and later. Using a firmware earlier than this date will fix this issue for now until a code fix can be implemented.

wmcwilli
Registered
Topic starter
(@wmcwilli)
Nozzle
4 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor
wmcwilli
Registered
(@wmcwilli)

Nozzle

@marlin-firmware-service

Awesome thank you very much. the 20210108 did work but I will reflash to that build. Going through the Z offset settings now. The video linked isnt for a ender 3 but I am sure I will figure it out. Thanks again!

Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@wmcwilli Thanks for bringing my attention to the bug - as you can imagine, its hard being on top of every firmware version, board revision, etc - so I'm glad I can reproduce the bug and get a report in... I mean, that bug is less than 48 hours old, and teamwork means we could lodge a bug report to get it fixed.

That's what constantly improves the experience for the community!

EDIT: I've also added this to the Known Issues section of the firmware download pages for the Ender 3 V2.

Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

Just to close the loop, this is now fixed in versions 20210116 and later.

wmcwilli
Registered
Topic starter
(@wmcwilli)
Nozzle

Do you have any plans to support other boards? I was thinking about going to a Duet 2 WiFi and running a duel extruder setup.

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@wmcwilli Eventually, maybe - but as of right now, there's lots of issues to do these in a generic way.

You'll need to replace mainboard + screen and only keep the basics if changing to a non-supported mainboard. The E3 v2 screen can only run on the v4.2.2 and v4.2.7 boards right now.

Page 2 / 2
Scroll Up