Page 1 / 2

telco
Registered
Topic starter
(@telco)
Heating Block

Ender 3 v1 Upgrade-SKR Mini E3-BLTouch-TFT35 E3-Marlin2.0.7.2

using SKR-Mini-E3-V2-BLTouch-20210128.bin  firmware

After I completed the upgrade and was switching back and forth between Marlin original and TFT I found that the Probe Offset was not shared between screen modes. I am not sure if that is normal or a bug. I also had in a Marlin mode session during a print the that the screen became unresponsive  I was unable to get the screen menu to change.

15 Replies
1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Stepper Motor

@telco Yeah - this annoys me too - its a problem with how the screen does Z-Offset - but it can't be fixed in Marlin - it has to be fixed in the LCD firmware by BTT...

telco
Registered
Topic starter
(@telco)
Heating Block

Okay thanks. Sorry it has been crazy and I haven't been checking my post.

I do have another issue. I just added a Creality Runout sensor plugged into the E0-Stop like noted on the firmware page for  SKR-Mini-E3-v2-BLTouch-20210211.bin.

The sensor seems to work fine and the M119 code sends back the correct status. I am able to print if I am in the standard Marlin screen but not if I am in the the Touch screen mode. can that be fixed on the next firmware nightly update or is that a Marlin issue not fixed yet? Is that a BTT touch screen firmware issue also.? Sorry about the issue. I really love your service and it was the only place I was able to find a good firmware for my old Creality 3D V1.1.3 control board. So when I upgraded this was the first place I came. 

I have an Ender 3 v1 upgraded with SKR mini E3 v2 board, BTT Touch screen 35, BLTouch v3.0, and now added the Creality Runout sensor.

Thank you for the help.   Best regards  telco

2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@telco I believe you're hitting some of the issues with the TFT35. I updated my TFT35 today on an Ender 3 Pro  and I had issues with it freezing. I had to re-flash the font / icon sets in from the TFT35 directory on the BTT github.

I don't really know a ton more about the screen, other than it mostly works for me!

There is a mention of the filament sensor plugging into the screen - but I'm guessing that'll work fine in Touch screen mode, but not in Marlin mode... It's a bit of a muddle...

Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor
telco
Registered
Topic starter
(@telco)
Heating Block

Thank you

i completed the update of my TFT35 E3 but that didn't fix my new problem. this is a new problem. I have no display if the serial RS232 cable is plugged into the display board. I do get a display of the icons and the touch screen works if I move the cable from EXP3 to the EXP1 port but I have the message "No printer connected". That is understandable since I have to disconnect the serial cable to get any display. 

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@telco I'd suggest raising this with BTT...

telco
Registered
Topic starter
(@telco)
Heating Block

Well after troubleshooting the problem all day in the printer I removed the board from the printer. I powered it from the USB port with only the display connected. After checking it with a digital volt meter I found that the RST(reset pin on TFT port) is dead shorted to ground. The display will come up if I disconnect the RST wire to the RST pin on the TFT port.  It is no wonder the board won't do anything. I measured the same at the RST pin on the EXP1 port on the board. I was wondering why the SKR mini E3 v2 board won't take a firmware update. The status LED on the micro SD stays lit along with the POWER and STATUS LED's stay lit also.   I will need to go to BTT but i don't think I can get anyone till after the Feb 20th when the Chinese NEW YEAR is over.  Thanks for all your help 

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@telco That sounds exciting 🙁

I wouldn't even know what to suggest there!

telco
Registered
Topic starter
(@telco)
Heating Block

Success!  i received the replacement BTT SKR mini E3 V2.0 from Amazon today. I installed it and with the update I did on the TFT 35 while trying to sort out the problems. Well anyway the program menus are quite different.  Did you know of a good tutorial on how to get my offsets back in there for the BL Touch auto bed leveling. There are some new terms I am not familiar with like: TouchMi and H Offset and P Offset.  Any help would be great. I searched YouTube and those on there just make me dizzy. That is why I found this site. All of those different videos just managed to confuse me.  I appreciate all your help.   The new rating system on the downloads is great. i will be giving you feedback.  Thank you 

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@telco Yeah - there's a lot that I don't even touch on the TFT35. I have an issue open about their firmware - builds after a certain date freeze... I believe you commented on that too...

Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up