Print offset to lef...

Notifications
Clear all

Print offset to left ~10mm (-X)

Hetticles
Registered
Topic starter
(@hetticles)

First great service, well worth the 12 dollarydoos.

Manually running G28 from a serial port, the home position is offset ~10mm to the "left" (so -X?). There is no unexpected offset in Z and Y. My prints also experience this shift, but I suspect the issue is not the slicer because I believe G28 should be independent of the slicer and just use whatever is in EEPROM.

I noticed this as I was calibrating the M851 offsets. I was able to dial in my probe offsets and get an AMAZING first layer, very cool. 

I looked around in Configuration.h and _adv.h but I didn't see any corresponding shift-in things. Apologies if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out.

Attached is a picture. You can see the first layer looks good (When I had bad probe offsets wrong it looked TERRIBLE, so probably ok probe offsets) but the whole thing is shifted left.

I'm running Ender3-V2-BLTouch-20210216. From stock I flashed the bin and essentially only modified probe offsets and runout disable.

2 Replies
1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)

Estimable Member

@hetticles Yeah - the Ender 3 V2 build area is slightly offset due to the slight mechanical changes. Even though the bed is 235x235 in size, the printer movement can't quite do the entire area... That's why things become offset slightly.

Hetticles
Registered
Topic starter
(@hetticles)

Oh! Simple enough, I won't fiddle with it more then. Thanks for the quick support!