Issues with Firmwar...

Notifications
Clear all

Issues with Firmware

Jaybeau
Registered
Topic starter
(@jaybeau)

I bought a subscription with marlin.crc.id.au and enjoyed the firmware a lot. My printer is an Ender 3 V2 with BLTouch and Gulf Coast Robotics silicone heated 3 point bed. Recently I have purchased the 4.2.7 board and a BTT Smart Filament Sensor, but I have been having issues. When I download the firmware for the 4.2.7 board with BLTouch, I have issues with leveling of the bed and auto homing. The offset is not properly set for the BLTouch, even when I use the firmware builder. Has anyone encountered the same issue, or is it just me? I tried to compile my own firmware utilizing Visual Studios while using tutorials (as I am new to the 3D printing community), but for some reason, I am unable to auto home with the BLTouch. As of right now, I am using the Creality firmware, but it doesn't allow me to utilize the BTT Smart Filament Sensor. If someone can forward me to the Marlin Support Team, or help me I would greatly appreciate it?

2 Replies
Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Estimable Member

There's a lot to unpack here that you're going to need to work through...

1) With a new hotbed, you'll likely need to do a Bed PID tune.

2) The probe offset is configured via the M851 command:
https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M851.html

3) What issues do you have with the BLTouch? Is it purely the offset?

Jaybeau
Registered
Topic starter
(@jaybeau)

Thank you for the response. For the bed, I have done the alteration when both using the firmware builder and building with Visual Studios. The issue I have been having with the firmware builder when I compile or pull the base one from marlin.crc.id.au, the BLTouch is offset and will not center on the bed while homing. When trying to level the bed, the BLTouch is roughly an inch to an inch and a half off the bed, causing the hot end to digging into the bed.

When I have built my own via Visual Studios, the x and y-axis will home, but the z will move to the center, but not home. The BLTouch will deploy, but the z-axis will not move down to home. I am unable to level when utilizing Visual Studios, based purely on the fact I can not zero.