Notifications
Clear all

Home Offsets

Cormorant
Registered
Topic starter
(@cormorant)

I have recently successfully upgraded my Ender 3 Pro with Raspberry Pi so I control it with Octoprint. I have also upgraded to BLTouch.

All was printing nicely until suddenly I started printing in mid air. I saw that after switch on, X and Y flashed zero, whilst Z flashed 12.61. on the Main Display. Whatever settings I change and save after setting the Z offset, I am unable to get rid of 12.61 on the main display. When I probe the Z offset is shows 3.2, which is what I initially saved when setting up the BLTouch.

Whenever I command 'Set Home Offsets', I get the message 'Set X Y and Z First' or sometimes 'ERR! Too far'.

Can someone please help?

5 Replies
3 Replies
kevin
Admin
(@kevin)

Prominent Member

Need someone who has Raspberry Pi and Octoprint experience to help.  🤣 

Cormorant
Registered
(@cormorant)

@kevin Thank you. Is there a way of adding those tags to my original post?

kevin
Admin
(@kevin)

Prominent Member

@cormorant Click "Edit", you should be able to add or change the tags.

Cormorant
Registered
Topic starter
(@cormorant)

The problem seems to have resolved itself. The only thing I have done is remove an SD card from the printer. The main display now shows all zeros and, having reset the z offset to 3.2, as before, everything is back to where it was. I have successfully printed using Octoprint.

A corrupt SD card perhaps?

😀

1 Reply
kevin
Admin
(@kevin)

Prominent Member

@cormorant I guess so. You will never believe that a different sd card will cause a totally different print result, with totally the same g-code. I was shocked!