Notifications
Clear all

Cannot run selfcompiled FW on my Ender 3 Pro upgraded with Creality 4.2.7

Gunhawk
Registered
Topic starter
(@gunhawk)

Dear all,

this is kind of a longish eperience, but maybe there is someone out who can help me...

I have a stock Ender 3 Pro with the old LCD and Melzi Board. I upgraded this with the new Creality 4.2.7. Board and a BLTouch Sensor that is directly connected to the 5-Pin JST Plug on the Board, which worked out great.

Then I have installed a new filament sensor, but did not found any precompiled firmware from creality that supports both BLTouch AND Filament Runout Sensor - at least one THAT USES THE DIRECT JST SOCKET CONNECTIONS ON THE BOARD. Creality has a firmware that support both, but only if the BLTOUCH probe gets connected using an PIN27 adapter board.

I therefore tried to compile and use my own firmware but any attempts I did resulted in a non-bootable Firmware (my LCD lit blank and never showed the start screen).

What is in the original FW that get it booted - I am really lost. Maybe there is someone out with my configuration (BLTouch and Fliament Sensor directly connected to 4.2.7. board) that can share the FW he is using in his Ender 3 Pro and particually the source and binary code so I can check that it works.

Kind regards Pete

1 Reply
Gunhawk
Registered
Topic starter
(@gunhawk)

Update: I meanwhile got the information from Creality, that the only way to get BLTouch and Filament Sensor to operate simultanously is to change the BLTouch connection from the 5 Pin dedicated to a 3+2 Pin connection that runs the 3 wires via an adapter board, which enable to use the adapter board firmware that has both features enabled.

I am still confused - why is this so? Is there a design flaw on the board that does not allow a direct connection of filament sensor and BLTouch using the specified ports for this? Are the signal lines electrically shared (which would explain this)?

If I change my BLTouch configuration toward using the adapter board, does this mean that the filament sensor is still to be connected to the dedicated 3Pin Port nearby the FAN Pin?

Thanks in advance for answering