builder and nightly not working
Firmware builder failed and I am waiting for someone to respond to that issue. In the meantime, I tried a stock Ender3-V2-BLTouch-20210103.bin, and even the daily build is not working as expected.
1. There is no z-offset tool.
2. Changing the z offset does not raise or lower the gantry at all while in the menu, the only way to see the change is to rehome and then repeat the process meaning it could take an hour to get your z-offset dialed in.
3. All axis are moving incredibly slow for homing and leveling (have not tried printing yet).
4. So slow in fact that I get a hotend idle timeout without any notification (outside Octoprint) so just when I think I had the z offset done, I saw the heat was off and had to start over. I also have not seen a full probe of leveling completely before the hotend idle timeout trips.
5. What is the hotend idle timeout anyway? I don't see any way to edit the duration in the printer's menu, If you can set the duration with gcode, should someone need to own a way to send commands to the printer with what should be something that should be editable in the menus. Or at least a way to bypass to later use a plugin to control the feature.
6. Why is homing doing a double probe on Z but only 1 for leveling?
1) Correct - The main Marlin project does not have one as yet.
2) Correct. This changes the M851 setting - which is not a live operation as per: https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M851.html
3) This is fixed in a later version. Grab todays and you should be fine.
4) See #3 🙂
5) The hotend idle timeout stops the printer keeping the hotend at printing temperatures without actually extruding anything over time. This stops the hotend from burning the filament. Any extruder movements will reset this timeout.
6) The homing does a FAST / SLOW move. You probably can't tell this as they're about the same for a while - but fixed on about 20210109 or later.
Not sure what you are saying because the attachment shows the tool is there, just not working. Is this not the Marlin Project" you are referring to?
I am trying to get the v2 BLTouch version with a smart filament sensor.
Also... using Ender3-V2-BLTouch-20210112.bin turns the printer into a brick when sending M420 S1 Z2 after updating without a stored mesh. There is a notification in Octoprint, but the heat stays on and the screen stops responding.