Screw

Hi i try to upgrade my firmware and i lost the controler the screen stay black

May be i use the rong file

10 Replies
Justin Schubert
Registered
(@justin-schubert)
Heating Block

did you use the HEX software that came with the File??? If so hook it up again and try flashing a Default config...I say the best way is to use the Cable not the Aduino-Uno rout use ArduinoIDE and install a Boot loader.

if you cant get it to flash but first see if it works on a Board you Don't care about... Remember you have to use Sanguine board option

Ill also give you a version of Marlin 1.1.9 that has the Ender3 software fixed and ready to Upload... my Recommendation is to use the USBasp Cable and set the jumper to 5V and your done getting the cable ready... the 2 Videos should give you enough instructions I recommend the pause and do method slow but you can easy to go back and check..

Marlin Firmware Service
(@marlin-firmware-service)
Stepper Motor

The Ender 3 V2 doesn't use this and is a 32 bit board by default.

There's a few steps for recovering from black screen issues here:

If you have the stock Ender 3 V2 (with no BLtouch etc), use this firmware:

If you have added a BLTouch, use this one:

If you've changed the mainboard, then it will depend on which mainboard you have fitted.

2 Replies
Jtauzin
Registered
(@jtauzin)

Nozzle

@marlin-firmware-service Hi. the link says URL not found..

Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@jtauzin It seems the forum doesn't like the URL - try here and click on the Ender 3 v2 FAQ:

foxyden
Registered
(@foxyden)
Nozzle

So I registered to be able to download the drivers via the links here and I am unable to do so. When I enter my email and password it just goes back to the sign in screen. I have had my Ender 3 v2 for about 3 months now and have not printed a single thing since everyone said to upgrade the firmware before you start. So I did and now it is a giant paper weight. I have not made any upgrades or changes. The printer is completely stock. I was hoping the problem is just the firmware I used to update (since there are about 4 different places on the site to get the firmware and all of them are different versions based on which one you go to) 

How do I access these firmware files if my registration for the Marlin site does not work?

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@foxyden If you've entered the wrong username / password multiple times, the site will ignore further attempts for a while to protect the security of accounts.

If you don't know your password, send me a message and we'll recover it for you...

mud1
 mud1
Registered
(@mud1)
Nozzle

I just flashed Ender 3 - v4.2.7 Board - Stock (Ender3-v2-v4.2.7-Stock-20201222.bin)  the other stock board listed wouldn't load , so I'm assuming I got the right file but . The motors don't move and the settings look correct plus moved before flash .  Did I miss something or do I need to find out what motor drivers I have ? 

thank you 

1 Reply
Marlin Firmware Service

Stepper Motor

@mud1 Likely, you have the wrong firmware for your board.

The only real way to tell what board you have with certainty is to taken the panel off and look at the printing on the board. It could be one of a few different versions. Pick the firmware that matches your board.

If you have an Ender 3, you should try the "Ender 3 V1.5" firmware. The Ender 3 v2 firmware won't work on your printer.

Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up