Notifications
Clear all

Auto Home Issues, Auto Leveling Issues with BL Touch Ender 3 V2

ArcanumoftheForge
Registered
Topic starter
(@arcanumoftheforge)

Hello Everyone, 

I've so far spent two days trying to fix this issue with no luck. According to youtube Auto home is supposed to test the parameters of the bed as in find a corner and go a little off the bed to the x and y. 

Now what my printer likes to do is auto home where ever it wants to. It gets really confused and every time I click auto home it moves up about an inch on the Y access and the x. Depending on how far off it is it leads to grinding on the Y and the X axis. I am able to print somewhat even though it never levels on the bed with some serious bed adjustments. I didn't have any issues with the Z axis just x and y and the printer finding the center. So as long as the object was small it printed ok.. Not the best but ok... 

I checked all my belts and boards. everything was attached and like I said it's not a motion problem everything moves just fine. Just can't find home or understand x and y limitations. 

After about a day and half of checking everything I decided to kill two birds with one stone and install a BL Touch and upgrade the firmware because it has to be a software issues Right?! Wrong. 

With the BL Touch installed now it is also confused on the Z axis with the new 1.1.1 firmware. and I can't print anything now. More grinding and now I have squeaking on my Z axis that is most annoying. I do have the the extension rod an frame but I put that in when I built the printer two days. ago the printer is brand new. I'm new to 3D printing but I am a tech by trade what am I missing. How can I fix my Autohome and Leveling so I can actually print something. I was successfully able to print a calibration cube yesterday. It didn't look the best but it was ok and a the stock cat made it half way through before one of the main supports fell. Of Course now I can't print anything unless I go back on my firmware and disconnect the bl touch. But I would prefer to just get everything working. 

Videos Below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-mSzi44USZRPLEVoFLXyQ4LQT9ueIE5A/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12H2a3LvhzFpps0fB9ryRKQ4-vicAGxxh/view?usp=sharing

Update I fixed the Squeaking on the Z axis by adjusting and rotating the pole as well as swapping out the copper guide part. 

3 Replies
kevin
Registered
(@kevin)
Noble Member

@arcanumoftheforge It seems to work well when the first "Auto home", but when I look carefully, the Y-axis is not working correctly. It did not hit the limit switch?

Especially the second time when you click the leveling, the hot bed looks like want to go back to find the location Y=0, but it did not move after a little "impulsion". Anyway, the Y-axis did not work properly. So please check everything related to the Y moving like the wiring connection.

You can do a switch swapping to check if the Y motor has any issues. But I guess it the mainboard issue.

ArcanumoftheForge
Registered
Topic starter
(@arcanumoftheforge)

Hello Kevin!,

Thanks for the Response. Swapping the Switch helped with the X and Y issues! My Y Limit switch was busted from the Factory :(. It doesn't even click thankfully I have a Bltouch so I shouldn't need the Z Limit Switch. But, Now I'm having an Issue with the BLTouch it doesn't seem to level close enough to the glass print plate causing a PLA tangled ball. 

1 Reply
kevin
Registered
(@kevin)

Noble Member

@arcanumoftheforge Don't expect too much on BL-touch. It can help with some small adjustments based on your hotbed is leveled well.