Forum

Notifications
Clear all

BLTouch doing absolutely nothing on my Ender3 v2

ComeGetYourPuddn
(@comegetyourpuddn)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Okay so I've spent literally hours and hours to get this thing to work.. I bought this BLTouch from Amazon. It's the one from creality, and it's meant for the Ender 3 v2. My board is the 4.2.2 version ofc and yeahh.. I've used so many different softwares to get it to work but it just doesn't.  I can get it to probe and show me the graphs just fine. Yet once I actually print it doesn't try to get over any small bumps or pits along the way or anything. I can't get my bed perfectly level since it has a small warp (cause one of the sides to be slightly higher, but not by much). 

I've entered the M420 S1 Z1 in the cura Start G-Code like everyone.. Yet it doesn't do anything. It's like the BLTouch is there to poke my glass bed and then scratch parts of it lol..

I'm about to just give in, so if anyone out there can help me solve this problem I would truly appreciate it. I'm a bit new, so do understand if I'm unsure what you're talking about  :,)) 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@comegetyourpuddn So, you failed the first layer stick on the hotbed, right? Have you set the Z-offset properly? As you did not mention this at all. ? 

ReplyQuote
zsteele00
(@zsteele00)
New Member Registered

@comegetyourpuddn I had the same issues and still am but, follow this youtube link this guy is very knowledgeable and has some great tips in order to get the most out of you BL Touch! Good Luck!

-Zak

ReplyQuote
zsteele00
(@zsteele00)
New Member Registered

@comegetyourpuddn I had the same issues and still am but, follow this youtube link this guy is very knowledgeable and has some great tips in order to get the most out of you BL Touch! Good Luck!

-Zak

ReplyQuote
gmergulhao
(@gmergulhao)
Active Member Registered

Been there as well. You forgot the Z-Offset (which I find a pain in the ass)

ReplyQuote
ComeGetYourPuddn
(@comegetyourpuddn)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@gmergulhao I have my z-offset set :0 I switched my firmware to Jyers 1.3.0 and so far so good. 

The main issue now is the nozzle likes to grind the print, and the BLTouch 3.1 likes to fail mid probe so it takes me an hour just to probe the bed.. It's correctly installed. 

ReplyQuote
Wintermute
(@wintermute)
New Member Registered

I was getting that issue where it would fail to complete a full probe set on most attempts, fixed it by wedging some folded cardstock in the bltouch socket on the mainboard to stabilize the loose connection at the pins. Now, it works flawlessly and I don't have to watch it anxiously every time.

ReplyQuote
random
(@random)
New Member Registered

Hi,

I have same issue that @comegetyourpuddn.

I have Ender 3 v2, HW 4.2.2, BLtouch 3.1.

I have check my BLtouch install, it's ok. My Z offset is set.

I have add G29 after G28.

When I run print, printer do 9 dots matrix to check bed.

But after, no compensation. Z don't move (I deliberately misaligned the bed and try print a calibrating, see picture).

First question is, where is best place to get official firmware? I found two link https://www.creality.com/fr/download and https://www.creality3dofficial.com/pages/firmware-download .

After, I have update to Jyers E3V2-BLTouch-5x5-v4.2.2-v1.3.4.bin

I run a mush. Printer do 25 dot, I can vizualise the mesh, BLtouch work and detect some misaligned.

But same behavior, during printing, no compensation.

I have check with https://teachingtechyt.github.io/troubleshooting.html#bltouch but, where I'm wrong?

Maybe I don't understand well how auto leveling works.

Thanks for your help.

This post was modified 4 months ago by random

ReplyQuote
random
(@random)
New Member Registered

Ok, it works.

I have re-flash with factory firmware and after flash creality firmware with BLtouch v1.1.1 (v1.1.2 seem to have an issue).

I have also remove eeprom.dat file.

After, I reflash Jyers firmware and now, all is ok!

This post was modified 4 months ago by random

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@random Enjoy your printing!

ReplyQuote