Forum

Notifications
Clear all

BL Touch with BTT mini E3 V2

jbright350
(@jbright350)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have an Ender 3 pro, upgraded with a BTT E3 V2 and touch screen. It made my ender 3 feel like a more expensive machine. The only thing it needed was an ABL, right? I installed it and have been  at it for a week. I finally figured out that I had to compile my own firmware because none of the BTT github pre-compiled firmwares would work correctly. Struggled through that, but I got it working! Or did I? It will auto home in the center first, then 25 points, then stops...but it doesn't adjust or say anything has been done, and it hasn't. I still have to manually level it. Watched sooo many videos that all concentrate on getting it to physically work on your printer, but not how the actual adjustments happen. I put code in Cura like I was supposed to to make it level before each print...it doesn't. I love this machine and I still think it is the coolest thing I have ever owned! Any help?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jbright350  It seems to be something about firmware compilation, if you are not quite sure, you can ask here for help.

ReplyQuote
jbright350
(@jbright350)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

Here is my question. Does the BL touch level the bed electronically? How and when does that happen? Most videos are about getting it to be recognized by the motherboard and just getting it to function on your machine. I am still having to level it with the thumbscrews.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jbright350 Yes, the BL-touch level the bed electronically. And BL-touch is generating a “mesh” or a virtual bed from the points it proved on the bed. Marlin then tells the printer to adjust the Z level on the XY plane ever so slightly to keep the nozzle “flush” on the bed. But the problem is that if the bed is too much tilt is not possible to adjust, only some minor adjustments can be done. In my opinion, when the XY axis keeps moving fast, the range of the Z-axis can move up and down is very small.

ReplyQuote