Forum

Notifications
Clear all

BL Touch Ramming Probe into Edge of Print Bed

Rhett
(@rhett)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Howdy folks.  Brand new Ender 3 V2 user here.  I got my printer set up this weekend and have had a couple successful prints, which is super rad.  However, my excitement is mitigated by the fact that my BL Touch has now twice, in less than 24 hours started a print job doing it's leveling thing, but when it goes to print the test strip down the side of the print bed before starting the print, it fail to retract the probe and breaks it off on the edge of the bed.  The prints continue fine, but now I'm out of spare probes and not super eager to buy more if this is going to be a common issue. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I just revert to manual bed leveling an the older firmware? 

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@rhett  This is not a common issue, when your probe breaks the first time, you should first check the screw on the Bltouch as the attached picture shows.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@rhett  This is not a common issue, when your probe breaks the first time, you should first check the screw on the Bltouch as the attached picture shows.

ReplyQuote